Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Re: NL50 6max Video #2

Mm... I'd start reading some books on poker if I were you. No sarcasm, I'd dead serious. Your thinking is way off.

ps "mistakes made preflop are going to cost marginal EV losses. mistakes postflop cost u buy ins" This is gold. Especially for beginners.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:06 PM

"Say you are prone to making a particularly bizarre error: Every time you are dealt a royal flush, you check and fold. Well, this error is very expensive, as you forfeit an entire pot you are guaranteed to win. Yet you could make this egregious error every time and still be a successful poker player. That is because you get the opportunity to make this mistake only once or twice per year. So even if it costs you $100 on average each time you make it, it still costs you only $100-$200 per year. A good player can easily overcome the effects of such an error with otherwise sound play.

Taken individually, preflop errors lend to be much less expensive. If you call with a hand that you should fold, it can obviously cost you no more than the price of the call. For instance, if you are playing $2-$4 and call a raise with

KT

(a clear error), your mistake cannot possibly cost you more than the $4 you used to call.18 It does not cost even that much, as you will sometimes go on to win the hand. So it theoretically costs a fraction of the $4 call, perhaps more like $ 1 or $2 in this example. Yet you cannot call raises with king-ten (and other similar hands) and expect to be a long-term winner. While each individual mistake is not expensive, you make a preflop decision every time you are dealt a hand. So while you could fold a royal flush only once or twice per year, you can make weak preflop calls tens of thousands of times per year. So if each loose call is, on average, a $1 error, over a year making that error could cost you well over $10,000! Thus, a solid, almost mistake-free preflop strategy is critical to long-term success in small stakes hold 'em. This chapter teaches you to avoid bankroll-draining preflop errors and lays a solid foundation for winning hold 'em."

Small Stakes Holdem, Sklansky and Miller
Old 09-13-2007, 07:15 PM

This megaupload.com site gives me very limited downloads (like 1 video every 10 hours). Any suggestions? Also, does anyone know of a post about efficiently downloading these video's... I'm not so computer savvy.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This megaupload.com site gives me very limited downloads (like 1 video every 10 hours). Any suggestions? Also, does anyone know of a post about efficiently downloading these video's... I'm not so computer savvy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm feeling kind...

http://www.roulettenburg.com/poker/videos.html

Strongly recommend you read the stickies [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]