FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: **Official Guitar Hero 2 is the best PS2 Game ever Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

They already make one of those.

Linky

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm buying this game brand new, is this the guitar I should get?

Also, do GH1 & 2 work right on a PS3?

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I like the guitars that come with the game better. Rumor has it that the wireless ones stick a bit and have very sensitive star power tilt activation which can be a pain in the ass, though I havent tried them out myself to be honest

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't understand how anyone could physically do the middle part of the song. But I've only played this game once and really sucked at it.

Please come out for the Wii, that would rule...

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way. It's pretty much impossible. You just have to activate star power and hope to get through it while hitting as many notes as you can. As for a wii GH2, I have no idea.

(the vid isnt me btw)

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine some expert guitar players could do it, its magnitudes more difficult to play an actual guitar

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean its def possible to make it through the middle solo without star power. 100% notes hit wont happen but simply surviving is doable albeit super hard. Even surviving is a bit hard though. The trick to playing the song and 5*ing it is to get the first 2 star powers. Use right away, then make it through as much of that ass crap solo as you can and then use the SP before you fail.

Ppl are getting even better scores by using more SPs on easier parts and using less during the solo. Get 2 SPs --> use right away, 3 --> use right away, 3 --> use during solo is becoming a popular way to get a good high score on jordan but its still very hard to make it through the solo with less than a full SP bar.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:05 PM

This thread (and everyone else I know who has it and thinks it's awesome) has convinced me to buy GH2 today. I just completed easy. I rock.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread (and everyone else I know who has it and thinks it's awesome) has convinced me to buy GH2 today. I just completed easy. I rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, this thread has convinced me to buy it tomorrow. Does the game come with a guitar or is that sold seperately? Do you need multiple guitars for multi-player (if that's an option) or is just one guitar all that you need?
Old 01-02-2007, 02:01 AM

You can buy the packages - GH+guitar was $70 and GH2+guitar was $80. You need 2 guitars for MP, the players play at the same time.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:47 AM

ok i have played this game for two days straight and have 5 starred about half the songs on medium

brag: i play lefty with the standard GH2 guitar kurt cobain yo

beat: the wireless "Guitar Mania" TAG controller blows.

brag: i bought it at sams club, hooray their return policy.

one quick question, how should i be holding the fret bar? right now i've got my index finger under it and i pull it "up" but even the start monkey wrench on medium and similar songs are giving me trouble. i just can't keep up. how do you 5* expert ballas hold the fret bar?
Old 01-02-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how do you 5* expert ballas hold the fret bar?

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep my thumb and index resting very lightly on the top and bottom of the bar respectively. Strumming everything up is a big pain in the ass. I down strum most songs with my thumb and only time I use both fingers to alt strum is during fast parts in songs (misirlou, six, killing in the name of, jordan, etc.) Also, go to the tutorial and learn how to do hammer ons and pull offs well. They're a big help when you get to some hard and expert songs and far more responsive than they were in GH1.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:46 AM

I've had this game for 2 weeks now. It's awesome. I had it home for xmas, and even my mom was playing it.

I've nearly mastered medium, getting 4 and 5 stars on all. But I'm trying to work up to using the orange button on hard.

I also need to work on the hammer-ons and pull-offs...they seem to be very important for moving on in the game.

This game is not overrated at all. It's awesome.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok i have played this game for two days straight and have 5 starred about half the songs on medium

brag: i play lefty with the standard GH2 guitar kurt cobain yo

[/ QUOTE ]

Cobain played standard left handed guitars as well as RH guitars. You might also be thinking of Jimi Hendrix or Albert King. Hendrix turned a RH guitar around, but also changed the strings such that low E was the top string. King turned a RH guitar around, but played it such that low E was the bottom string.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_King
Old 01-02-2007, 12:36 PM

I tried GH2 at the store the other day. The song selection doesn't seem as good as GH1. But this is obviously personal. I played GH1 in the stores, and there were a dozen songs in which I knew the original so well, it made it easy to try to learn the game on GH1. Although I've heard several of the songs on GH2, I wasn't very familiar with any of them (at least the ones that are initially unlocked).
Old 01-02-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't understand how anyone could physically do the middle part of the song. But I've only played this game once and really sucked at it.

Please come out for the Wii, that would rule...

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way. It's pretty much impossible. You just have to activate star power and hope to get through it while hitting as many notes as you can. As for a wii GH2, I have no idea.

(the vid isnt me btw)

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine some expert guitar players could do it, its magnitudes more difficult to play an actual guitar

[/ QUOTE ]

I just took a quick look at some of the links and how the game works. In some ways, it's easier to play some of these parts on an actual guitar. Alot of real fast, repetetive parts are pretty easy. Here, your fingers seem to have to be flying when on an actual guitar they're not moving near as much as many times you don't have to refret the note(s).

b