Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2006, 10:16 PM

Default Re: nintendo ds lite

[ QUOTE ]
I only play 2 player standard. My score was steady around 6500 for a good while, then I broke through and I've been at the 6800-7000 range. One loss to a lower ranked player kills your rank. Fortunately that usually only happens when I screw myself up. I sometimes get in a rush and push "down" twice in a row by accident or I push it a split second too soon. Then I have to spend the rest of the match trying to rescue myself from that stupid mistake. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] The really good players punish you when you do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

My ranking swings from 7000 to 7200...haven't broken 7200 yet. Got killed by some 7600 japanese master last night.

Friend code is 132076-794460 if anyone wants to play me.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:20 PM

ok my love of tetris has me convinced this will be awesome. where's the best place to order one of these + a few games?
Old 08-18-2006, 02:24 PM

games systems and games are RARELY discounted, so it doesn't matter where you buy. the only somewhat consistent deal on the system i've seen is 10% off at overstock with a coupon, but they were always sold out.

fwiw, i like puzzle games a lot: tetris, dr mario, kirby's avalanche, super puzzle fighter, etc. i think meteos is the best of the bunch.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:59 PM

ok I'll probably pick up meteos as well, thanks for info.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:41 PM

so I have the following games that I really really like:

new super mario bros
mario kart
meteos
tetris

I love the puzzle games but also enjoy super mario bros more than I thought I would, I played it on a flight pretty much nonstop recently. is this a side scroller, or a platformer, or both, or neither? what other games that are the same style as this that I would like? I don't know a lot about gaming but do know I don't really enjoy first person shooter games.

astro suggests castlevania and yoshi's island, castlevania doesn't seem to be available yet. are these both games I would like?
Old 09-14-2006, 12:45 PM

castlevania: dawn of sorrow is already out.

yoshi's island is a gba game. yoshi's island 2 will be released for the ds somewhat soon, so if you're interested in that i'd just wait.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:48 PM

hmm amazon has it as a preorder. I'll look elsewhere.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:54 PM

wow, ebgames does too. the game is 6+ months old, it looks like it actually managed to sell out.

local stores could very well have a copy. it's one of the best video games i have ever played.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:20 PM

Anyone know if this will interact with the Wii at all? They announced it's release today for $249.99

I'll probably buy a Wii just because I like what they did with the DS Lite. I thought the tocuh screen would be useless. Similarly I thought the Wii controller might suck. Sounds interesting though.

I like Nintendo's approach to multi player, with games being downloadable from people near by for the DS and online play being free for the Wii.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:34 PM

Honestly, I didn't like Meteos. Felt too much like I was just randomly draging blocks around. Obviously I was bad at it, but I felt like you could just move random [censored], clear the level or die trying because it moved to fast.

My favorite game is an import music game from Japan called Ouendan. It's getting an English remake coming out later this year called Elite Beat Agents. Should be awesome, I'm looking forward to it.

Anyone play the new Megaman game that just came out? How about Mario Hoops?