Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: **Official Madden 08 Thread**

I think it's in there. There are a bunch of non-team playbooks like always (Run Heavy, Pass Heavy, etc).
Old 09-15-2007, 02:29 PM

About the turnovers - I was crying louder than anyone at first, I was calling it 'Madden Turnover 08' and such. Then two things happened:

A) Watched both MNF games on TV, they were both turnover fests that made Madden look all too realistic. McNair alone had 5 or 6 of them, then the ARI-SF debacle - that would be a throw the controller moment for sure.

B) I accepted that this is a NEW madden. I think we all learned a lot of bad habits in the old games, ie pitching it up recklessly to receivers, trying to gun it downfield with mediocre QBs etc.

This game really forces you to throw carefully and conservatively (unless you have a monster QB-WR combo). You also want to avoid throwing near great defenders, basically you have to think more. Right now it is frustrating, but the game is new - we have a year to play this and we will all improve and adjust to the new standard imo!
Old 09-15-2007, 02:32 PM

I have the Wii version and have never experienced too many fumbles. I think some people get too fancy with the stickwork. The only thing I feel like I see too much of is sacks.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Franchise>Online because of depth. Building a team for 20 years is infinitely more fun then playing a single game against another player online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try Front Office Football 2007... Madden franchise mode is a joke in comparison.

2+2 FOF League would be awesome, but it might be hard to get 32 people to plunk down $50 for the game and then put effort into administering their team.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:15 PM

If anyone is interested in a LeagueDaddy sim league please PM me! We are looking for teams to play sim-style, with adults only no kiddies.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:47 PM

Just finished a season on Wii - WTF, no special animations or anything when you win the Super Bowl? Is there a [censored] "make Super Bowl victory anticlimatic" box I checked somewhere? The last Madden I played was 2003 and it at least had SOMETHING to make you feel good about winning.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:46 PM

awwww baby need a cookie...?

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2007, 02:10 PM

I got a question, it's not for 08, but for 07.

Anyway in franchise mode I needed to draft a LT and a LG as my top two picks in the draft who will take over the role mid-season and be starters next year. All the top picks were RT's and RG's...I guess it was a weak draft for the left side, so I just drafted a Right Guard and Right Tackle, and plan on putting them on the left side.

Will their overall go down if they play "out of position"? Or can you switch them from right to left without any dropoff?

Thanks
Old 09-26-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About the turnovers - I was crying louder than anyone at first, I was calling it 'Madden Turnover 08' and such. Then two things happened:

[/ QUOTE ]

Just played a game against my friend. He was Chiefs, I was Falcons, 5 minute quarters. He was also a QB in high school and is a big football fan so he knows the game. Having said that he threw 10 interceptions and had 3 fumbles while I threw 3 interceptions with 1 fumble. Thats more than 1 turnover every 90 seconds.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:42 PM

I've played 2 seasons and maybe 25 games with friends, and a handful of other games. I've never seen turnover problems. You're passing into coverage too much, and getting too creative with stickwork, period.