FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Mini bets and all ins

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
5 folds, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, SB folds, BB calls, CO folds.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.15, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.8</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2.75, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $0.2</font>, Hero?

Standard till the river. If villain made normal size bet i'd muck it faster than you can spell Albaquerque [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Is this minibet: Please, i have a K, you can call this much, please. Or: I have J and i'm afraid of you, please dont raise me.

Prima Poker skin
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises all-in $0.85</font>, CO folds, Button calls, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($2.7, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $2.7)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.5</font>, Button calls.

No ace is allways good. Now I make him pay for any draws he might have.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($5.7, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $2.7, Sidepot 1: $3)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button is all-in $10.28</font>, Hero?

Emm, wasnt to happy to see that jack...but villain aperantly was. What am i beating?

Prima Poker skin
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
5 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, 2 folds, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Villain is 50/x/x idiot. Was 4 buyins deep but he donated it back. Can play any 2 and is fairly agressive.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1.55, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $1.55</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Nice flop but his bet suprised me. Would he bet into me with nuts. Possible. Raising accomplishes nothing and if he has weak ace i'll relinquish lead to him.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($4.65, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $1.16</font>, Hero calls.

What is that? Sign of weakness?If he led so strongly before i dont think he would slow down with sth that beats me.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($6.97, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $6.97</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $6.33</font>.

That 5 helped him, huh? Or was he slowplaying all along. Set of 5 is not the option, even he isnt that stupid. AQ would prolly raise me pf and this doesnt account why he slowed down on turn. He either has nuts or sth as A5. I believed this was easy call, just double checking with you.

And here is the best hand of the session.

Prima Poker skin
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, 7 folds, BB calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.85, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB is all-in $9.6</font>, Hero folds

This hand made me lol. It was easy fold for me but i dont understand why villain would do such a thing with his 7x. From who does he extract? Slowplaying trully is a wonderfull thing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Mini bets and all ins

Hand 1) it doesn't matter he beats you here but calling is worth it for the info on him IMHO

Hand 2) A bluff

Hand 3) I don't like it, you may be ahead but I've seen lots of this bet big, bet small, bet big plays with the nuts or at least a hand that beats you. I put him on a set and he figured if you had the straight he would get raised on the turn.

Hand 4) WTF? How are you that sure he had a 7?
Old 02-20-2007, 03:14 PM

err.... to many hands in one thread IMO

Hand #1: bet the turn
last hand: very unusual for a 7 to play that way... folding is terrible
Old 02-20-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
err.... to many hands in one thread IMO

Hand #1: bet the turn
last hand: very unusual for a 7 to play that way... folding is terrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? So we can throw money into a pot we are behind in?
Old 02-20-2007, 03:28 PM

how do you know we are behind? I bet/fold turn. HERO also should've bet more on the flop.

EDIT: I think I am getting all those hands mixed up. I bet turn on hand #1 to make draws pay. I check behind river if villian checks.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:31 PM

About last hand.

You are the villain against pfr who is tight and shows down good hands. Why would you risk your whole stack for small pot?

I thought that calling would be stupid, but I ofc may be wrong. From limited experience overbets are bluffs (when there is already sth to fight over) or nuts (or close to it) trying hard to get paid.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do you know we are behind? I bet/fold turn. HERO also should've bet more on the flop.

EDIT: I think I am getting all those hands mixed up. I bet turn on hand #1 to make draws pay. I check behind river if villian checks.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is much more likely he has a K or T.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:37 PM

Villian has a Q or flush draw in the last hand (or both) way more often than a 7. It's about ranges and probabilities and you are more than likely ahead here most of the time - you should be happy to call. Terrible fold.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean K or J? A weak K might fold to more aggression, a J might fold to more aggression, and we should charge draws - all great reasons to bet. Checking is weak on this board.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean K or J? A weak K might fold to more aggression, a J might fold to more aggression, and we should charge draws - all great reasons to bet. Checking is weak on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I mean K or J. I agree with your thinking at a higher level and it would be a strong play against a weak/tight player, but not at the micros and especially not at .05/.10!