Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Brotherhood - Showtime

No love for Showtime's Brotherhood in OOT? I put it right up there with HBO's The Wire and Deadwood as my all time favorite series.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Brotherhood - Showtime

Well, it's worth mentioning since Janel Moloney took off her shirt for it. Too bad this didn't happen in 2000.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:29 AM

I like it a lot. Obviously, it isnt on the same level as other crime dramas like The Wire and the Sopranos, but it is still very good IMO. I very much look forward to Sunday nights with this show and Dexter.

******Spoliers*****

Coming into this season, I wasnt sure how they were gonna handle what happened to Michael. I didnt know if he was dead or paralyzed or what and I was worried that the show would suffer too much if so. So I'm happy with what they did with his character. His health is still an issue, but he continues to kick ass much like before. I like the storyline with Deco as Freddy's inside man. That scene is the whorehouse last week was pretty cool.

Speaking of Freddy though, I've always had a hard time seeing him as much of a badass. He is short, fat, and just not very intimidating IMO. Jackie Aprile shouldve taken care of him a few episodes ago. I really never understood why Michael didnt wipe him out last year when he had the chance. I do think that is where it is heading this season though, with Colin as his right hand.

I also love Annabeth Gish and wish she would take her clothes off some more like she did at the beginning of the first season. Tommy's mistress cant hold a candle to her in the looks department.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:55 AM

Very good show, not quite up to par with the Wire, but it's good to know that intelligent programming is being made. Between this and Californication, things are looking up for Showtime!
Old 10-30-2007, 04:21 PM

I watched this show last season, and while it was pretty good, I was sorta meh about it. I think the writing has stepped up a notch this year, and I've really been enjoying it.

HBO had better come up with some new great programming. Entourage was great this year, and Tell Me You Love Me is really good, but is not going to have broad appeal. I think The Wire has another season coming, but nothing else they are doing really interests me at all. Showtime now has by far the best lineup of original series, well written and edgy.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:39 PM

Brotherhood is a very good show, I agree. The craziest part is the guy from Can't Hardly Wait (Ethan Embry) is really really good in it imo.

Its obviously not as good as The Wire, which is pretty much the greatest show in TV history.

Def a show to check out if you havn't yet.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:57 PM

I thought the last 2 episodes were the weakest ever. Too much Kath. Too much tommy/Eileen. The family man Mikey.

The only season of Soprano's that I thought topped Brotherhood was the year of Steve Buscemi.

IMO Showtime has passed HBO - in the last couple years Brotherhood, Dexter, Sleeper Cell, Weeds, Californication crush HBO's new stuff - John from Cinn, Concordes, Tell me. I think Big Love is good. I was shocked at the Emmy nominations a few months ago. HBO had dozens and Showtime had zero - but Showtime has all the best shows.