Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 05:53 PM

Default 50NL 5CD: played like a donkey or completely standard?

First time I've played 5CD online, is this badly played?

No Limit 5 Card Draw ($0.25/$0.50) (converter)

SB ($49.50), Seat 5
BB ($5.55), Seat 6
Hero ($30.90), Seat 1
MP ($28.50), Seat 2
CO ($32.30), Seat 3
Button ($29.20), Seat 4

SB posts $0.25. BB posts $0.50.

Hero is UTG with [7c 7h 4d 5c 4h]

Round 1: ($0.75)

<font color="red">Hero raises $1.50 to $2. </font><font color="#666666">MP folds. </font><font color="#666666">CO folds. </font><font color="red">Button raises $2.50 to $4.50. </font><font color="#666666">SB folds. </font><font color="#666666">BB folds. </font><font color="green">Hero calls. </font>
Hero discards 5c. Button stands pat.

Hero has [7c 7h 4d 4h 7s]

Round 2: ($9.75)

<font color="red">Hero bets $9. </font><font color="red">Button raises $15.70 to $24.70 (all-in). </font><font color="green">Hero calls. </font>

Pot: ($59.15)
Old 03-30-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Re: 50NL 5CD: played like a donkey or completely standard?

i check raise it all in, pat hands are almost always betting post and he might only flatcall your bet with a weaker pat

otherwise, yes standard, he can have a straight/flush here easily

but predraw, it close, since the implied odds of getting his stack if you hit the FH is about the same as getting the FH

but im not a NL/PL draw player, so take it wit the grain of salt
Old 03-30-2007, 07:03 PM

it would be okay too, if after opening for $2, you just fold when he reraised. 7744 is fine against crummy hands, but if he likes his hand enough to reraise you, you're likely dominated, out of position. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

i guess for another $2.50 you could win a big pot, but stacks arent too deep and you'd really need to get his whole stack every time you hit, to pay for drawing at it (and never lose to bigger FH, lol)

anyways, once there, i'd go all the way with him postdraw too. theres way more chance he has straight or flush than a bigger boat, i couldnt fold it.

but you probably post the hand because he had better FH, right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it would be okay too, if after opening for $2, you just fold when he reraised. 7744 is fine against crummy hands, but if he likes his hand enough to reraise you, you're likely dominated, out of position. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

i guess for another $2.50 you could win a big pot, but stacks arent too deep and you'd really need to get his whole stack every time you hit, to pay for drawing at it (and never lose to bigger FH, lol)

anyways, once there, i'd go all the way with him postdraw too. theres way more chance he has straight or flush than a bigger boat, i couldnt fold it.

but you probably post the hand because he had better FH, right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-31-2007, 01:52 AM

Against a lot of opponents you can just fold to the reraise predraw. Checkraise post draw against the vast majority of opponents. If he's bluffing pat, he's going to bet. If he has real pat, he's going to bet, and he'll have trouble folding to a raise. For betting to be correct he either has to false pat with a mid strength hand a ridiculous amount(and check behind,, but call a full pot bet etc...), or he has to be extremely willing to fold to a check raise(while making very small value bets post draw). Those scenarios aren't very likely, so check raise.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:42 PM

Thanks for the info, makes sense. Yes he had Kings full.