Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2006, 03:05 AM

Default Re: foxwoods new room

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a good example of these "phil ivey wanna-be" types from today - from my lame poker blog..

Saturday, April 15, 2006

another day at da woods - fun w/ AA

Just got back from another day at Foxwoods - had alotta fun and am $350 richer.

Here's one interesting hand that came up:

New guy sits down with $100 - he wins a few bucks on his first hand, raised preflop after some limpers, no callers.

Next hand - there's some limpers, guy raises to $10, it gets to me on the button and I look down at AA and raise to $20 to narrow the action. Guy calls and it's heads up, about $40 in the pot.

Flop is uneventful. J high and some rags, but 2 cards were suited. Guy bets out $25.

I double his bet to $50, hoping to reel him in, and he immediately goes all in.

Action is only something like $35 more to me, and there is over $140 in the pot. I call of course.

Turn comes, then the river. I wanted to see what he had so I waited for him to turn over his hand. I was pretty surprised when he tabled AK! I scooped the pot and he got up and left. Thanks guy!

AK is a good hand, but when you are aggressive with it before the flop and after the flop, don't hit anything, and get re-reraised BOTH times, you can be pretty sure that it's no good anymore (or in this case, it was never good).

And - if someone raises your $25 bet to $50, there is absolutely no reason to re-raise all in for $35 more on a bluff...its just bad poker. Your raise isn't big enough to get anyone out, unless they were bluffing in the first place. And they might call you anyway!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup. There sure are a lot of donkeys in these games.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:40 AM

Have any bigger games (mixed or otherwise) been going regularly in the new room?
Old 04-16-2006, 04:32 AM

20 is still the regular biggest LHE. A new room wouldn't change that.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:02 AM

Meh. I was hoping somehow the WPT sponsorship thing would put some pressure on management to get some more action in there. How often have bigger mixed games been going on the weekends?

I really don't understand why there aren't more higher games on the weekends. With all the money being made on the internet these days, I'm shocked that there's less high limit in the area now then there was back in the Mohegan days a few years ago.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:56 AM

Only a few of the regular 20 lhe game want to play anything higher. It would be a struggle to keep a 40 game going regularly, even though it has been spread more often than I remember upstairs. There were some pretty big O8B games during the tourney. Not sure how putting "World poker room" on the tables would make for bigger games....

Am I the only one who doesnt understand the whole point of the "world poker room" thing?
Old 04-16-2006, 10:57 AM

There was a table going of something like 100-200 OE, and a LOI for 150-300 HOE with 4 or 5 names on it, and there was a 150-300 stud game.

I might be a little off on the details on these.

I'm not sure about holdem - highest mighta been 40-80?
Old 04-16-2006, 11:52 AM

I think the problem is with management not doing enough to attract higher limit action. I wouldn't expect these games to be populated by 20/40 regulars, rather I'd expect the numerous online players (who generally don't bother going there anymore because there aren't any high stakes games) to fill these games. People who make 500+/hour playing online aren't going to go down there to play 20/40, but they probably would to play in a 200/400 mixed game. I know for a fact there are more than enough players in that general area to fill such a game (at least on weekends) but I think management needs to take some sort of active steps to get the ball rolling. Foxwoods has huge poker room in a pretty affluent area of the country, yet other than the 75 stud game, they spread limits that I'd expect to see in some 15 table East Bumblefuck, Oklahoma cardroom. Every other poker room in the country that's even close to Foxwoods' size generates high limit action. Why can't they?[/rant]
Old 04-16-2006, 05:25 PM

Tom,

Why is the max buy-in for 1/2 NL $100?
Old 04-16-2006, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yup. There sure are a lot of donkeys in these games.

[/ QUOTE ]
nh
Old 04-17-2006, 03:48 AM

Tom do you need a Wampum rewards card to sign up for the SitnGo's at Foxwoods? I do not have one because they ask for SSN and I will not give that out to anyone due to the fact that I'm a privacy freak......