Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2007, 07:56 AM

Default Future of Online Poker

Hi,

First time poster here. I'm wondering what you guys think the future of online poker will be (particularly NL hold'em). From what I have seen, the low limit tables are still very numerous with plenty of fish. However, starting from 5/10 NL+, I start to see limited tables infested with regulars and multitablers (these observations are at stars and FTP). Do you think in a few years online poker will be a wasteland with multitabling regulars grinding it out amongst themselves without a single fish? Do you think poker has reached its peak or will its popularity continue to grow?

The reason I ask is because I am truly considering a career in online poker. I am applying to dental school for next year and basically have a year off to commit myself fully to playing poker. Depending on my results, I will make a decision whether to go to dental school or to play poker. However, assuming I do make a huge profit at the end of this year, I do not want to sacrafice a career in dentistry without at least having some kind of idea of the future of online poker. Thanks.

(Btw, I am currently a low stakes player hoping to get to 10/20 nl by the end of next year.)