Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Ultimate Frisbee

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i hate running aside from actually playing, so i dunno if i'll be able to maintain the appropriate conditioning for open.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, of course you have to work out if you want to really play competitively, but have you tried short distance workouts? You don't have to run 5 miles every time to train. Many players just do various sprint workouts, which are much easier for me to stomach. I also hate running, but sprints aren't as bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree 100%. Also getting in the gym is really important. Doing squats and cleans on a regular basis will make you substantially faster and give you better ups.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:47 PM

DJ,
That's sweet that you got a greatest for a score. I've played for 6 years and I've only even completed one greatest. What mixed team do you play for? I have alot of friends who play on mixed teams in the bay area. Also what open team does your roommate play for?
Old 08-26-2007, 04:27 PM

I play for "Classy", which is a new team this year but with a lot of solid players, we'll hopefully make regionals unless we screw something up.

My roommate plays for THBC (thunder-hatchet bear-claw) which is composed mostly of berkeley dudes. And i've got friends on most other teams in the area, including Contra and Mischief.

As for the greatest, it was pretty cool. dude on my team threw up this floaty garbage throw on a high stall count so I ran over (from nowhere near the play) to bring it down, ended up waiting at the front cone for it, had to jump out of bounds to catch it, and just threw it back however I could (its pretty hard to make it go anywhere), and a girl on my team happened to just be standing there and it fell into her hands while the two people from the other team who tried to D me stood there watching. Pretty cool.