View Poll Results: CO bets 520, play?
fold 18 25.71%
call/check river 15 21.43%
push/raise, callAI 37 52.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Bodybuilder vs Weightlifter

[ QUOTE ]
This whole thread is grade A retarded. Oh course people wanna look more like Dimas. Of course people would prefer Flex Wheeler over both. Of course BBers are strong, but not as strong as WLs. I mean... where is this even going?

BBing is clearly a homosexual activity. When was the last heterosexual event you attended where a man pulled his thong into the crack of his ass, flexing it to thousands of screaming male fans? Other than every Olympia and Arnold Classic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thremp, if you havent realized why people have this discussion about 8 million times in regards to bodybuilding, its because of either latent closeted homosexuality, or jealousy, or being too narcissistic to realize that not everyone is the same, and enjoys doing different things.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:17 PM

IMO there are very, very few people who would want to look like Cutler. In the BB world, he is widely regarded as the worst Mr. O ever. Dennis Wolf had by far the best physique this year, and he actually has some aesthetics to his shape unlike that refrigerator Jaw Gutler.

BTW, I have no idea how to post pics but these links to Wheeler from the early 90's is about as good as it gets in BB'ing.
http://www.anabolic-steroids.blogspo...ex-wheeler.jpg
http://www.fitnesspont.hu/mass-shop/...heeler_027.jpg
Old 10-20-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ the whomever posted above about the 14 year old girl from judo class being able to beat these guys up...hahah...quit jerking off to your mma tapes pal.

to the op, I dont think many people really want to look like a pro-bodybuilder, and luckily, its damn near impossible for 99% of people because they arent willing to use drugs

to the guy who said bodybuilders arent strong. lol. they are monsters, no they cant lift as much as a powerlifter, but they shame any and everyone on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Strong" used too loosely is basically meaningless. There are plenty of people as strong as or stronger than bodybuilders who are nowhere near as big.

Toss one of those bodybuilders a #2 COC gripper and see what happens.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ the whomever posted above about the 14 year old girl from judo class being able to beat these guys up...hahah...quit jerking off to your mma tapes pal.

to the op, I dont think many people really want to look like a pro-bodybuilder, and luckily, its damn near impossible for 99% of people because they arent willing to use drugs

to the guy who said bodybuilders arent strong. lol. they are monsters, no they cant lift as much as a powerlifter, but they shame any and everyone on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Strong" used too loosely is basically meaningless. There are plenty of people as strong as or stronger than bodybuilders who are nowhere near as big.

Toss one of those bodybuilders a #2 COC gripper and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know how those grippers work, but you guys, seriously, there is a difference in training, but none of those monsters that complete professionally are any where as "weak" as you guys are assuming. I doubt any pro bodybuilder deadlifts lass than 600, yes, they may weigh a ton, but so what, they are still much much stronger than any "normal" weightlifter is.

edit: I just read about the gripper, and blarg, that has to be a joke, a grip trainer measures strength about as well as asking what someone benches.

2nd edit: when you say "plenty of people" you are talking about pro athletes/weightlifters etc, and not the general public correct. Even if you take all people in the world who weightlift on a regular basis, I doubt more than 5% are lifting the numbers a pro bb'er in a heavy weightclass is putting up.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:49 PM

Anyone who questions the strength of heavyweight bodybuilders has never seen one train. They have no clue about the weight these guys throw around.

Funny how the less people know about something, the more opinionated they seem to be.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who questions the strength of heavyweight bodybuilders has never seen one train. They have no clue about the weight these guys throw around.

Funny how the less people know about something, the more opinionated they seem to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although Im guilty of the 2nd part, I totally agree with teh 1st. Ive seen some pro's train in atlanta (ronnie coleman and a couple atlanta falcons, at the golds gym near the country club of hte south) and he is a monster, who lifts some monster weight. Yes, he doesnt lift as much as dave tate, or a 300lb powerlifter, but he isnt too far off (relatively)
Old 10-20-2007, 10:54 PM

guids,

I assume most compare them to equally athlete non-physique strength athletes. Like WLers/PLers/Strongmen... In which case the BBers are near universally the weakest for their weight. But... They look great in thongs (not really).
Old 10-20-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guids,

I assume most compare them to equally athlete non-physique strength athletes. Like WLers/PLers/Strongmen... In which case the BBers are near universally the weakest for their weight. But... They look great in thongs (not really).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, Im not sure what people are comparing them to. I consider Wlers/Plers/strongmen, different from NFL players, etc. So I guess we have to classify them a little better. For being that heavy, compared to a PROfessional powerlifter, they are "weak", but compared to someone in the NFL, I dont believe they are in the least, like I said its all relative. You take a 320lb (off season ronnie) 5 11 lineman from the nfl, in a brute strength contest, I say ronnie is up there in regards to NFL players, take a 320lb pro powerlifter like dave tate, and "its not close".

coleman deadlifts 800lbs by the way.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:17 PM

guids,

I wouldn't balk if Ronnie rapes some of the NFL guys. But yeah, putting Dave Tate out there is like a man among boys.

Not there is a question. What would you rather look like Dave Tate/Ronnie/NFL lineman.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guids,

I wouldn't balk if Ronnie rapes some of the NFL guys. But yeah, putting Dave Tate out there is like a man among boys.

Not there is a question. What would you rather look like Dave Tate/Ronnie/NFL lineman.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, thats a toughie, I guess Id have to go with a pro BBer, at least you have muscle? I dunno...