Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2006, 10:21 AM

Default Perfect job for B &M poker players wanting job security in Los Angeles

I have found the following job allows for much free time.

Management Assitant for City of Los Angeles

In general, you will not work more than 40 hours a week(ie no salaried overtime). If you do work OT, you will be paid for it. Also, modified work schedules are available in many departments including 9/80(work nine days every two weeks), 4/10, and modified 64 and 72 hour work weeks.

The pay is for the entry level spot only and salary up to $72K per year(78K+ if our contract is ever settled) is very easy to reach in less than five years. Higher salaried positions are available, but are more difficult to attain.

The only catch is you must have a 4 year college degree, and the entry examination is not easy to pass(roughly 25-33% pass).

Also, I would not let age discourage anyone from applying. I have seen people hired in this position that are in their mid 50's.

I work a 4/10 schedule and find that it allows me to easily play poker on weekends, and also take multiple 4 day trips to Vegas each year. I should note that you get appx 10-13 sick days a year(none the first year though) and also around 12 holidays.

Anyone has further questions, feel free to pm me.