Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 09:37 AM

Default 5/10 QQ

UTG+1 is 40/8/0.8 over a decent sample.
CO is 31/10/1.4 (~350 hands)
MP1 is unknown.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $5. MP1 posts a blind of $7.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.80 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (11.90 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font> (with the intention of folding to a raise)

Do you have a better line?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:04 AM

Default Re: 5/10 QQ

This pot is FAR to big to consider folding at any point...
Old 03-27-2006, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This pot is FAR to big to consider folding at any point...

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you think he could reasonably have that I beat if he raises the turn? I count on the pot being protected.

Do you have a better line?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:30 AM

Maybe check/call the turn/river?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:52 AM

Is that the only read that you have on CO. I think with utg in there it is possible he is capping a flush draw, but I don't know. Would he cap the flop with a T? Minus a read, I like the bet/fold line.

I don't think he is going to raise that turn without a 9 or AA or KK, especially with utg in there. so I like your line.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is that the only read that you have on CO. I think with utg in there it is possible he is capping a flush draw, but I don't know. Would he cap the flop with a T? Minus a read, I like the bet/fold line.

[/ QUOTE ]
My line is based on the range of hands I put him on, basically a fd, QJ, TT or a 9.

The turn bet makes it impossible for him to take the free card he would like if he's drawing. If he raises again I can be sure QQ is not the best hand, since he would raise a draw anymore.

It's also good I hold QhQc since now he can't hold the massive oesfd+2 over, two combos he might could have raised the turn with. We have 4 outs against 87, but I don't think he'll cap the flop with it. Against 8h7h we're making a mistake by folding, but that's only one combo.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:23 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats probably the best thing to do if we can't fold to a raise. But if the middle guy calls a fold must be safe. If he doesn't its closer but I think we can still fold. If he doesn't have the goods he must be afraid we got it after all the strenght we've shown. I think it takes a maniac to keep semibluffraising.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats probably the best thing to do if we can't fold to a raise. But if the middle guy calls a fold must be safe. If he doesn't its closer but I think we can still fold. If he doesn't have the goods he must be afraid we got it after all the strenght we've shown. I think it takes a maniac to keep semibluffraising.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup, and after UTG+1 called 4 bets on the flop I assumed he'll stick around most of the time when I bet the turn.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's also good I hold QhQc since now he can't hold the massive oesfd+2 over, two combos he might could have raised the turn with.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point.

I still think your line is best. If he has the sack to cap the flop and raise the turn with 78 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or with a T, then he earned it.