Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: 200NL - Yell at me

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ok now let me go look at the hand

meh i dont think its that bad but just because hes a nit doesnt mean he can fold an overpair. he has a strong hand since he called the 3b OOP. im assuming you have him on TT-QQ exactly otherwise youd call with river since we have showdown value. hes never at this point with A9.

hes not folding a set or wierd 2pair.

i think you only push out JJ here. i dont know if TT even takes this line. i dont hate it when he has JJ only because i think its probably the only hand hes capable of folding
Old 11-26-2007, 06:40 PM

djj,

Maybe you misinterpreted what I was saying with my comment. Willy implied that come the flop his hand is only good against air and he felt to gain value from it, the best way was to check and induce a bluff from Ax/33/FD type hands. That is fine.

What I am saying is that the value in winning the pot on the flop far outweighs the chance to either a) milk more money out of these hands b)getting outdrawn on this drawy board and/or c)getting outplayed by either successfully being bluffed OR even worse, bluffing ourselves on a later street into a made hand that crushes us. When FPS goes wrong....this type hand is posted [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I am saying is that the value in winning the pot on the flop far outweighs the chance to either a) milk more money out of these hands b)getting outdrawn on this drawy board and/or c)getting outplayed by either successfully being bluffed OR even worse, bluffing ourselves on a later street into a made hand that crushes us. When FPS goes wrong....this type hand is posted

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. I thought you were saying villain was more likely to bluff c/shove the flop than bluff lead a later street.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Will, you are probably gonna have to explain the logic of that 3bet to me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

You already explained it

[ QUOTE ]
his 3bet call range is really narrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im still confused. Isnt his opening range narrow too...