Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Re: AA in 3 bet pot 5 handed

pretty sure this guy is too nitty to bet/call the turn all in. I think I'd just check/fold or at least check/raise all in. I would say betting atm is the worst option since if he did float you light (with TT or AJ) he'll just dump it on the turn to the 2nd bet. The only advantage is if he thinks ur bad enough to bet AK on the turn.....
Old 11-26-2007, 12:56 AM

you dont think c/f here is pretty weak tight?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:04 AM

I really doubt a 17/9/3 is peeling that flop with air very often. So that means he's peeling at the widest AJ/JJ/QQ/KK/AA.

On the turn you beat AJ/KK and the occasional float. But really I doubt he's raise/calling preflop with AJ. You could stove it I guess and see how your doing against 1->2 AJ hands and all the other set hands. But really his AF is too high and his preflop stats too nitty to make me want to bet here.

My other point is I'd rather get it in as a check/raise all in rather than a bet/call because I don't think your ahead of his range often enough if you give him another chance to fold the turn. If he checks back the turn he has either KK/AK almost always.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:08 AM

yeah I stoved it for you and your 50/50ish versus 2-4 AJ hands and JJ+. FWIW I think he's more likely to overcall with 77->TT preflop than to overcall with somethin as trashy as AJ. Even he should realize AJ is junk. Which just leans his range even more on the turn to set/underpair/overpair rather than top pair/overpair/set
Old 11-26-2007, 01:13 AM

I agree with your range 100%. I also agree with your analysis, I guess I just hate c/f here. Is there any merit to c/c in your opinion? Crai seems to blow him off any hands I want in there, no?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with your range 100%. I also agree with your analysis, I guess I just hate c/f here. Is there any merit to c/c in your opinion? Crai seems to blow him off any hands I want in there, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah your 50% equity versus JJ+ on this turn. This means you have to get it in here just because the pot is so bloated from preflop (which is obviously what you want).

I don't like check/call check or check/call bet because if you do the first line, then whenever he has better he'll shove the river but when he has worse he'll just check. What this amounts to IMO is that your going to lose that extra $$ when your ahead because your unwilling to shove the turn. Yeah if he bets half pot or something on the turn that doesn't commit you to check/call river then you can just check/call but otherwise I'd much rather check/raise all in so you can get your monsters paid as well.

Not to mention he'll be so potstuck he's likely making a mistake folding KK once u raise.

and I assumed that when he bet you were both potstuck, and going to call a river push from him anyways.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:28 AM

Okay so you like crai on turn and if that goes check/check, then you b/c river?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:41 AM

assuming no T or K. Likely check/fold and....ugh K is the hardest one.