Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 03:58 AM

Default One More Checkup -- AA otb

Villain in this hand is solid LAGTAG. He's been 3betting me v light in steal situations. Also, he doesn't trust me -- in a previous hand he 3b 44 after I opened from the SB. I c/r a 763 2flush flop. I then b/3b a turn which pairs the 7, and he capped it and then checked behind the river -- my fd was no good. I had not seen him do anything like this aside from that hand though.... normally he is more conservative.... his standard line would probably be call down my turn lead there, or else to fold to 3b, or else to calldown the 3b. So he either got tilty or just made a sick read.

Anyway I open otb, he 3b, I cap AA.

Q39 (2 diamonds)

He bets, I call.

Turn is some blank.

He bets, I raise. He now 3bets and I calldown. Is my play here completely standard?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:14 AM

Default Re: One More Checkup -- AA otb

I cap the turn here and bet the river here. I can sometimes spew a bit in these spots so I stoved it to make sure and AA is 3:2 favorite over the range I give him. (AQ, KQ, QJs, AA, KK, QQ, 99, 33, Q9, Ad9d, Kd9d, Jd9d, Td9d, JdTd, KdJd, AdKd)
Old 11-02-2007, 10:12 PM

including semibluffing hands in your "3:2" isn't correct because you capping here changes what happens on the river vs. those hands. i think it is standard.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:24 PM

I jam flop
Old 11-03-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think it is standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I particular enjoy when he 3-bets me.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I jam flop

[/ QUOTE ]

private joker said the same thing over AIM. Questions for that line:

1. If he 3bets the flop are you capping?

1a. If you do cap and he now c/raises the turn are you calling down?

1b. If you just call his flop 3bet, I assume you going to then raise the turn. If he now 3bets the turn, are you calling down?

2. If he only calls your flop raise and then c/raises the turn are you 3betting? If so, are you planning to calldown a cap?
Old 11-03-2007, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I cap the turn here and bet the river here. I can sometimes spew a bit in these spots so I stoved it to make sure and AA is 3:2 favorite over the range I give him. (AQ, KQ, QJs, AA, KK, QQ, 99, 33, Q9, Ad9d, Kd9d, Jd9d, Td9d, JdTd, KdJd, AdKd)

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this range is that there is no way he 3bets those semibluffing hands 100% of the time. I don't know how to accurately discount them, but my gut says that they need at least a 50% discount, possibly much more. Remember villain is a decent hand reader (at least), and it's pretty clear I am showing down. So unless he's spazzing out he should not be 3bet semi bluffing here.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:53 AM

I misread the action.

I am usually raising this flop and calling a 3-bet with the intention of raising non diamond turn. If he calls my raise and c/r the turn I am just calling down.

In other words I would give one pip more action than you did.

I am not sure its good tho. When he 3-bets the flop I'd say he has 33, 99, QQ, AQ, discounted KQ-QT, KK, AA and random (discounted) flushdraws.

This leaves me behind to 9 combos and ahead of 20-25 combos or so depending on exact discounting

It depends on how aggro he is, because against me it would be spew to bet/3-bet KQ and flush draws.

When he 3-bets or c/r the turn I hate myself and call down while I try and convince myself he can play AQ and KK like this or may be tilting. Against a really predictable player who can hand read and dont ever get out of line I think I should fold it. Not that I ever actually did do that
Old 11-03-2007, 01:43 PM

oink, did you see that villian capped the turn with a small pp and checked behind the river? Not sure if he will give that kind of action oop. In any case, I think the amount of action you describe is just about right, but I would be expecting to win quite often whether he is calling flop/raising turn, or b3b turn. It also just seems you will hit the "right" amount of action if you start by raising the flop..
Old 11-03-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem with this range is that there is no way he 3bets those semibluffing hands 100% of the time. I don't know how to accurately discount them, but my gut says that they need at least a 50% discount, possibly much more. Remember villain is a decent hand reader (at least), and it's pretty clear I am showing down. So unless he's spazzing out he should not be 3bet semi bluffing here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but he's also probably spazzing out with hands like AKo, JJ, TT, small pairs, and gutshots some percentage of the time too. Since he has such low equity when does this, I figure the ~10% of the time he spazzes out with these hands more than covers the times he plays a big draw more passively.