Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 01:15 AM

Default PLO100 - Flopped TPTK + decent draw in re-raised pot

Does everyone play this the same? It's BB's first hand at the table.

I have a note on him from a previous session saying he makes spewey bluffs, but only seen him for about 60 hands so take as an unknown.

Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$1
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $64.80
Hero: $167.50
SB: $70.85
BB: $100.00

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $16</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($48, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $48</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($144, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB is all-in $36</font>, Hero calls.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:43 AM

Default Re: PLO100 - Flopped TPTK + decent draw in re-raised pot

FOLD PRE-FLOP!!!! im sure your quite aware that most ppl in omaha when they three bet outta small blind generally have aces, or at least kings with big cards... your hand could not be more dominated to the generally pre-flop three bet, especially one that comes out of the blinds...

i guess as played your not getting away from it on the flop,, although im not entirly sure, given his stack and the fact that he has aces here at least 60-70% of the time, in my opinion anyway that this is a call, but having said that i dont fold it after the flop...

and yes once again,,, FOLD PRE-FLOP,,, i dont my calling three bets with hands like 4-5-6-7, but your hand is just sooo often waay dominated here its not funny
Old 11-01-2007, 02:10 AM

Ugh- This hand is a mess. I think it's an easy fold PF. If you feel like getting it with that board, why didn't you shove on the flop? Do you feel like the 8 really helped? I think it's quite possible he has aaa/aj + nut sapdes. I understand this isn't fosho, but it is a decent enough part of his range that this looks like a punt PF and FLOP, but I guess if you liked the flop, I would have just got it in there.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:49 AM

I think shoving the flop would be bad. Folds out hands I dominate and nothing that beats me, and my odds are better if I can keep the third player in.

He might call with something like QKJT or maybe a worse flush draw I suppose, but I'm happy to let him bluff the turn if he's re-popped pre-flop with Kings or something.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:53 AM

What worries me about this hand is that if villian has AAxx, he will have nut flush draw enough of the time to make calling his flop bet ev negative. If you cant read villian for bluff here, then this is fine.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:11 AM

Preflop isn't great, as others have said. A lot of the time you catch a piece against a reraising kind of hand you're going to be getting it in pretty slim.

Once you get that flop, whether you call or shove doesn't matter, since you're not folding with those stack sizes and the SB has less than a pot sized bet left anyway. If he is dumb enough to bet like 1/6 pot on turn with a bluff expecting you to fold then certainly just call.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:03 AM

If that's bluffs specifically plural then I think you played the hand pretty well. If you saw him make just the one spewy bluff in 60 hands, I think I fold pre but then as played do the same as you.