Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 10:00 AM

Default calldown?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

villian is unknown. i dont like the turn too much and i hate the river card but i guess there is no way i can fold such a huge pot?
Old 09-27-2007, 10:06 AM

Default Re: calldown?

He could easily have K9 and the pot is big enough to call.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:33 AM

edit: need sleep
Old 09-27-2007, 10:33 AM

Against an unknown, I call down and expect to lose, but sometimes you find yourself with the winner. Plus, you get some needed info on his capping range.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he loses to K9

it needs to be K8 or worse

i think even i fold here

[/ QUOTE ]

No we don't loose to K9. We win.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:50 AM

Oh, does anyone disagree with the flop 3 bet on a highly coordinated board?
Old 09-27-2007, 10:54 AM

A lot of broadway cold calling hands hit this flop here. People overestimate their equity in this situation. These flops (3 cards in the "pretty card range") aren't that great when you're holding just a pair. I'm not putting in any more raises at this level after his first raise. This sounds weak, but you just have to Stove it to see why. You have to add a lot of junk hands to make this a profitable 3-bet and then it's still thin.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of broadway cold calling hands hit this flop here. People overestimate their equity in this situation. These flops (3 cards in the "pretty card range") aren't that great when you're holding just a pair. I'm not putting in any more raises at this level after his first raise. This sounds weak, but you just have to Stove it to see why. You have to add a lot of junk hands to make this a profitable 3-bet and then it's still thin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I expect to be crushed most the time, which is why I don't like the hero 3 betting it.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I expect to be crushed most the time, which is why I don't like the hero 3 betting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only problem with playing passively here is that we are out of position. When you play around with Stove though you see how much junk you have to add to his range to make this 3-bet slightly +EV. It's somewhat annoying when these hands go b/c, c/c, and then he checks through the river with A9o.