Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: 50nl, AA on KKJ flop , call or fold?

Depends how aggressive he is. I don't mind loosing half a stack in this situation too much.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont like betting this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think we should do this for meta
he'll call with a J imo

i'd call here out of curiosity, but cant think of many hands, we are ahead here.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:20 PM

What meta? You don't need to bet every flop just cos its cool or because this is what you do. Probe betting is the dumbest thing in poker, especially on paired boards against shorties. I can name you tons of hands that would do this depending on villains stats and the number of WSOP shows he watched. The things I would worry about is a smooth call and the draws. So betting with the intention of calling has its place. On a dryer board I just c/c all the way against non passive opponents. People cant help but bluff on paired boards all the time. The only decent indication he may have a king here is if he slowplays it.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:26 PM

you dont think he will call with Jx here?
Old 09-17-2007, 12:34 PM

Without knowing the villain this conversation is really pointless. Some are so nitty that they would fold anything but a king. Some are going to call with A5. What I am saying is people love to bluff on paired boards especially when you show weakness and they play shortstacked. So their bluffing range is often wider than their calling range here. It really depends on the villain though.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without knowing the villain this conversation is really pointless. Some are so nitty that they would fold anything but a king. Some are going to call with A5. What I am saying is people love to bluff on paired boards especially when you show weakness and they play shortstacked. So their bluffing range is often wider than their calling range here. It really depends on the villain though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've moved from 4-6 tbling 10nl 6 max on stars, to 4-6 tbling 25nl 6 max on FTP and UB, and now 4 tbling 50nl on FTP. With my microstakes experience, I think the villain here (as donkish as his stats are) HAS to realize the small range a SB open for that size into that # of limpers. That being said, I think Kx is in his calling range in position a LOTTTT of the time. Aside from a K, I think the suited gutshot or even QTh is much more likely than any Jx.

Good bet on the flop, maybe too much (I would bluff raise you there if you bet that much into that flop a good amount of the time) and good fold.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:49 PM

The way you played it, I think you have to fold, since you said you think he's loose passive. With those guys, any sort of sign of aggressiveness generally implies a monster.
-z
Old 09-17-2007, 01:02 PM

getting basically 2-1 we have to win this 1 time in 3 to break even. Ther is NO way we are ahead here even 1 time in 3.

Leading the flop tells villain you have a hand so what could he possibly being doing this with if it isn't a K?

Sorry...gotta let this one go.