Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 07:08 AM

Default Re: \"crazy\" hypo

why don't you try it on propokertools and you might realise why it is definitely not a real hand.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well
if you are very good and this is full ring you probably may do that

try to check this hand:
1: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

2: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

3: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

4: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

5: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

6: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

on the flop:
T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
wow

turn:
K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

if you are player#6 would you fold you kings here?
try this hand on pokertools

p.s. this is a real hand

[/ QUOTE ]

i really doubt that hand is real, as it [or some variation] has been passed off in multiple poker books/articles/blogs/posts, etc, for years.

however, that's really not the kind of situation i'm interested in. I definitely can't imagine ever folding it in a multi-way pot.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:10 AM

Let's say board is 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

You have 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the small blind. You pot, all fold except one guy who repots. Stacks are deep.

Against some people I could fold this.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:12 AM

I guess if you construct a situation like this: OOP, deepstacked, against better players, with TT75 rainbow on T75 flop, and it's been bet and potraised once it's come back to you. But I still wouldn't fold.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:46 AM

I don't think I ever fold. Like ever. Even if he has the most powerful of combo draws and I hold my own blockers (ie. have top and middle set). I don't know how 'deep stacks' adds potency to the argument for folding. It might mean you just call instead of repotting OOP, but no way do I fold no matter how many scare cards can come; top set is pretty much the most powerful 'drawing hand' when someone sucks out on the turn on you.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well
if you are very good and this is full ring you probably may do that

try to check this hand:
1: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

2: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

3: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

4: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

5: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

6: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

on the flop:
T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
wow

turn:
K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

if you are player#6 would you fold you kings here?
try this hand on pokertools

p.s. this is a real hand

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pretty strange deck of cards they were playing with.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:20 AM

There are sure are a lot of spades in this deck.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
p.s. this is a real hand

[/ QUOTE ]

well, it happened. there is pretty clearly no disputing that.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:38 AM

I don't think it's ever the right play to fold top set (assuming that it is not a 3-suit or str8 flop), regardless of how many players are in the hand and what the betting looks like. When you have the nuts and continue to have probable outs to the continuing nuts throughout the hand, I can never find a reason to lay it down. That being said, there are definitely lots of situations where folding nut straights (with no re-draw) facing deep action on suited boards with multi-way action on the flop is absolutely the right play. or at least it is IMO.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this thread is going to get some retarded responses.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's a worst play. Folding top set (as nuts), or slowplaying top set ala donkgo: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=1#Post12098686