Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: weak or expert

[ QUOTE ]

thanks for the clarification banana, good to know your board name too - that makes more sense, i 4-bet preflop and you donk/4bet from the sb and the solid player capped preflop and 2bet/capped flop...

[/ QUOTE ]
It still basically comes down to how bad the 2p2'er in the SB is. He shouldn't be calling PF with AA/KK/AK/66, but which kind of mistake is he more likely to make.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:11 PM

at the time i made the correct play, but i'm still undecided about the play... i ended up thinking about it for quite some time at the table, and ended up mucking, to see dave grab a whole heap of chips for the check and raise manuever... ended up seeing AA from sb and 66 from my definition of solid
Old 09-05-2007, 06:42 PM

dave coldcalled with AA?

looks like we are gonna have to chat
Old 09-05-2007, 06:51 PM

I know, I never coldcall with AA there......... but I did. I dont get it, dont need any lectures though. Thats why its funny he posted this hand cause everyone knows I dont coldcall with AA there. I dont get how shipitpls doesnt call there though, a good player never has AA's or KK's there, everyone knows that.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:54 PM

I think the "solid" player he is talking about is A T. He is not solid. Well I do play bad but run very well, so if anyone wants my money come to canterbury park tonight at about 9 o'clock and find the guy on tilt at table 31.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:42 PM

there are a few reasons why i felt strongly about the fold:

1) any hand worth playing for 4 bets cold out of position is cap worthy - so the fact you played for 4 bets, but didnt cap, does not change my range
2) the turn check didnt make any sense at all, so i assumed you were going to c/r a vast majority because your preflop range is so tight in that spot
3) players get fancy with huge hands, and not as often with vulnerable ones - so the two strange lines led me to weight your hand heavily toward AA/KK, and so i put our other villain heavily on another set
4) at best i was going to get to chop 45bb 3 ways and would have to call 3 bets to get there, which didnt seem like a fair trade to me since i felt i was drawing dead a large majority...

now i didnt do the math at the time, but its something like this: 45bb/3ppl = 15bb(my piece)/3bb to see it - i dont think i chop 1/5 of the time

{as a side note, i think your input on A T not being solid is probably more correct than mine, but i didnt have much history with him aside from a few passively played hands he let me sweat - i open his range significantly after this hand}
Old 09-05-2007, 09:47 PM

shipitpls have you ever posted a hand where you played badly.

i swear every post i ever see you make ends up being a "brag post" where you made the right play situationally and most people disagree with it

maybe im way off base but for some reason i always think that when i read your posts
Old 09-05-2007, 10:39 PM

hoppscot, i appreciate your honesty - and that certainly isnt what i want ... almost all of the hands i post i feel i played poorly, or there was need for improvement, which is why i want opinions on them.

the reason i defend the play i made is because i am trying to convey the thought process i went through so that readers can help decipher where the problem was - not to say my reads were correct, but to explain what they were and why i thought them...

i hope this clarifies my posts to some degree, being that it is an online message board a lot is lost in translation, but the posts i have made are largely intended as questions and not statements, thanks
Old 09-06-2007, 12:55 AM

AT is very far from solid and 66 is definitely in his range. I dont like a fold here by hero. There is nothing in the way this hand was played to suggest AA or KK as a strong enough probability to make folding correct. I talked to Dave about not capping here and he is convinced that AT will cap very lightly alot here, which is why he didnt. Though the results bear this theory out I am not sure he caps here enough to pass up on the pf value.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:35 AM

who said he played this hand well?