Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you gone busto?
No 125 43.40%
Yes 163 56.60%
Voters: 288. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Common Dilemma: Bet Or Ck Behind Turn?

[ QUOTE ]

On another tangent: If I am villian and I c-r the turn then it means I either have Kx or a semibluff, and probably have the semibluff pretty often. I wonder if it woudl be correct to 3 bet JT here vs. my c-r.

EDIT: I didn't notice the gutshot. I would defintely call the turn raise against a lot of opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you want to 3b a hand range consisting of a good made hand and semi bluffs? Your 3b is getting called in both cases, and now are you planning to bet the river as well to fold the semi bluffs? Or are you hoping that J-hi is good often enough vs his range of semi bluffs (which includes some low str8 and fd)?

That same point also applies to your gutshot remark.... You do not have enough immediate or implied odds to chase your gutshot, so again do you think that J-hi offers enough additional equity to make up for it? Note that, even if you think it does, you are also counting on villain to give up on his semi bluff and not fire the river.....
Old 08-18-2007, 01:55 PM

Also, I am curious to see how others feel about Carmine and George's A-hi dispute. So let's continue the hand (with a recap)....

30 game online. Villain is solid LAGTAG.

I open JTo OTB, he calls in BB.

2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (I have no club)

He checks, I bet, he calls.

K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He checks, I bet, he calls.

River 1: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

River 2: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

In both cases villain checks and we must decide if we want to fire a third round....
Old 08-18-2007, 01:58 PM

bet because two of the hand types you want to fold (Q and A high) will now probably do so. it's also not a disaster if u get checkraised because you usually have 4 outs in a small pot and folding isn't that hard.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:01 PM

Of course I am happy to bet 3 bet a wide range vs. an opponent who too frequently c-r's the turn. This might include my own semibluffs. If he is c-r'ing the turn too frequently, then he should also be folding to the 3 bet outright sometimes, and also on the river making the riv follow through w/ a semibluff mandatory. Given this players description however, JT bet 3 betting the turn is retardedly spewy, i hope you didn't take that to be what I meant.

Regarding calling the turn c-r, yes given the players description I am assuming our pair outs are often live in addition to the gutshot.

And no am I most definitely not counting on him to give up on the river. If he follows through w/ his semibluff and I miss then he wins. This doesn't mean the turn bet isn't profitable to begin with, imo it IS profitable.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Regarding calling the turn c-r, yes given the players description I am assuming our pair outs are often live in addition to the gutshot.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya true i forgot about our pair outs... good point.

an ya, i thought you were suggesting 3betting our JT in this hand to a turn c/r. sorry if i misunderstood.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet because two of the hand types you want to fold (Q and A high) will now probably do so. it's also not a disaster if u get checkraised because you usually have 4 outs in a small pot and folding isn't that hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

joker, does that mean that you will ck/behind here against opponents who you know call down with A-hi too frequently?
Old 08-18-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

joker, does that mean that you will ck/behind here against opponents who you know call down with A-hi too frequently?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, of course.