Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 10:40 AM

Default Re: hero call with mid pair in 3 bet pot

well i don't want to be argumentative, so i won't say anything else on the subject. i still think paired boards help me read my opponent.

that's a good pt about the outs tho
Old 08-13-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well i don't want to be argumentative, so i won't say anything else on the subject. i still think paired boards help me read my opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

well there's a difference between arguing and debating, and i don't think we're arguing... but regarding paired boards, it's generally true that your opponent is less likely to have something, because there are less cards in the deck that hit the board. but the deuce is almost meaningless when looking at how his range changed.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well there's a difference between arguing and debating, and i don't think we're arguing... but regarding paired boards, it's generally true that your opponent is less likely to have something, because there are less cards in the deck that hit the board. but the deuce is almost meaningless when looking at how his range changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

id agree his range hasn't changed, but a turned deuce does make a call easier. Just based off the fact that draws are def. part of his range, and in the case of a drawing hand the deuce is one of the best turn cards we can see.

that being said, i dont know why people call this flop and expect that a LAG WON'T push most turns like 80% of the time. I probably give credit here and fold, unless hes a total monkey your at best against a draw that has decent equity against you, and he will show up with hands that have you dominated sometimes. but honestly a call isn't terrible, i just dont think anything super definitive can be decided without more knowledge of the game dynamic etc.