Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: ABC debate a joke

Ron Paul= a joke

.....if its true he thinks there should be compulsory bible study in schools- even if its just a personal conviction. Is this true?
Old 08-05-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ron Paul= a joke

.....if its true he thinks there should be compulsory bible study in schools- even if its just a personal conviction. Is this true?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not. Weren't you trolling this kind of [censored] in here before? I can't recall.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ron Paul= a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not. Weren't you trolling this kind of [censored] in here before? I can't recall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked questions about Ron Paul before yes: to clear up speculations made about him all over the internet.

The more sensitive and fervent you people are to your desired leaders and power-holders the more I question the legitimacy of your chosen duce.

Inquriy, open-mindessness, interest, and cynicism In my opinion constitute to contribution and not "trolling".
Old 08-05-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ron Paul= a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked questions about Ron Paul before yes: to clear up speculations made about him all over the internet.

The more sensitive and fervent you people are to your desired leaders and power-holders the more I question the legitimacy of your chosen duce.

Inquriy, open-mindessness, interest, and cynicism In my opinion constitute to contribution and not "trolling".

[/ QUOTE ]

How is calling a candidate a joke based on a completely false and unsupported assertion considered open-minded inquiry and contributing to reasoned debate?

"Obama = a joke ... if he supports mandatory sex with donkeys for all teenagers." WOW, look at me, I'm contributing to open-mindedness, healthy cynicism, and political interest! I'm a great American!
Old 08-05-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ron Paul= a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is calling a candidate a joke based on a completely false and unsupported assertion considered open-minded inquiry and contributing to reasoned debate?

"Obama = a joke ... if he supports mandatory sex with donkeys for all teenagers." WOW, look at me, I'm contributing to open-mindedness, healthy cynicism, and political interest! I'm a great American!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a dishonest misinterpretaion of what I said. I put forward the hypothesis that Ron Paul believes there should be compulsory bible study in schools. I went on to open the floor asking whether this was true as I remain unaware.

If the hypothesis was shown to be correct by posters in the know then I would have stood by my conviction that Ron Paul= joke- I find the very idea of having a personal conviction that children should have compulsory bible lessons abhorrent. In typical fashion (unlike other posters) I was not fervent, cocky, or overly sure of myself in the post.

On a side-note I think this political forum could be very interesting and engaging due to the diversity of 2+2 posters. However, the constant buddying of posters who show an alarming admiration towards Ron Paul displaying pictures of him and slogans and other meausures used by propogandists and the same with ACism take away the purity of debate, inquiry and discussion of political ideas.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ron Paul= a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a dishonest misinterpretaion of what I said. I put forward the hypothesis that Ron Paul believes there should be compulsory bible study in schools. I went on to open the floor asking whether this was true as I remain unaware.

If the hypothesis was shown to be correct by posters in the know then I would have stood by my conviction that Ron Paul= joke- I find the very idea of having a personal conviction that children should have compulsory bible lessons abhorrent. In typical fashion (unlike other posters) I was not fervent, cocky, or overly sure of myself in the post.

On a side-note I think this political forum could be very interesting and engaging due to the diversity of 2+2 posters. However, the constant buddying of posters who show an alarming admiration towards Ron Paul displaying pictures of him and slogans and other meausures used by propogandists and the same with ACism take away the purity of debate, inquiry and discussion of political ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have an alarming admiration of Ron Paul. But your post is a disruptive way to engage debate and ask questions about a candidate. Boro was right, you're a troll.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:13 PM

Republican viewers have the right to learn more about the credible candidates for the nomination of their party. To waste time on uncredible candidates like Ron Paul is an assault on the rights of the viewers.

The joke here, as it was also in the Democratic debate, is the inclusion of any old minor candidate in debates.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:16 PM

Thankfully we have people like you to decide for us which candiadtes are credible enough to be heard.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:24 PM

When you asked about his death penalty stance I think there was a genuine question there. I mean, none of us knew what it was, and Ron Paul never rarely talks about it because nobody cares about the death penalty.

But just making up really random [censored] like this is trolling. It would be one thing to ask what his stance on XYZ is, but to assert you know what his stance is when clearly your not only wrong, your not even in the same ballpark as being right, and you clearly did no research whatsoever, is trolling.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:49 PM

Yeah, your actually wrong; it isnt trolling.

I read that Ron Paul is for compulsory bible study and I inquired here whether this was true or not. And gave my opinion that he's a joke if he does think that based on his stance on political reform. Therefore, I didnt make up "random [censored]" and I was neither wrong nor right as I didn't even make a statement hence the ? at the end of my post.

And the notion that no one cares about the death penalty is dumb, uninformed and is an example of you making up "random [censored]" that has no truth and is a arrogant closed statement. You need to broaden your horizons if you think that is the case and then maybe you'll learn not to speak for other people.