Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 06:34 AM

Default CBC wastes another $500,000 of taxpayers money

It's almost tough to get excited over the waste of half a million dollars... i mean, with the amount of corruption and waste in general what's another half a million dollars? If it wasn't something I was sort of involved in, I probably would never have noticed.

There's a website, MERX, that list all the procurement offers the government gives to private corporations. This a great way to watch the tragic bumblings off beaurocrats unfold as they give away our hard earned dollars to corporations suave enough to talk their way into these contracts. One incident I observed a few monthers earlier was a man given fifty thousand dollars for a three hour speech. I'm sure he's really compelling and everything but it turns out this is an annual thing. Couldn't they just tape it?

The latest fiascal is the CBC offering $500,000 for someone to help them design a method of trasmitting their audio and video information online. Now of course this is really OUR information, since we paid for it, so I think we should all demand it be put on the internet for anyone to view it at their disposal, instead of being forced to digest it in the planned manner of television and be subject to the non stop bombardment of advertisement on this 'public' channel but do we have to pay some company $500,000 to do so?

No. Have you guys ever been to video google? It's at video.google.ca Great site, it has over 10 million video files already. You can freely upload videos onto their servers and then stream them off their servers.

All CBC has to do is upload the videos they want streamed onto google servers, and then stream them using widely availible open source technology. All for the cost of... zilch. Nothing. Nada.

But hey... why do something for free, when you can pay a company $500,000 to do it for you?
Old 08-02-2007, 06:39 AM

Default Re: CBC wastes another $500,000 of taxpayers money

What's CBC?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:09 AM

Default Re: CBC wastes another $500,000 of taxpayers money

Communist (Canadian) Broadcasting Corporation, our state run and taxpayer funded media. It's extreme leftwing bias is more than a little disturbing.