Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 08-01-2007, 09:03 PM

Default 50nl common AK situation

No reads on the shorty but this type of thing keeps coming up. A lot of the time against a bigger stack I'll raise these donk leads, but any raise commits me to calling a shove. Standard to just let it go with no pair no draw in these spots?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $18.25
BB: $36.95
UTG: $15.25
MP: $22.75
Hero (CO): $60.70
BTN: $6.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

Flop: ($4.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2.50</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $2.50 returned to SB

Pot Size: $4.50 ($0.20 Rake)

Edit: DAMN YOU NEIL DEWHURST
Old 08-01-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: 50nl common AK situation

oh noez the convertor be eatin my hand
Old 08-01-2007, 09:24 PM

ya fine i think. he probably isn't letting go of any pair/flush draw
Old 08-01-2007, 09:31 PM

Ya this is pretty standard. Unknown opponent I fold without a pair or draw. If my opponent is super LAG or C-bets nearly every flop I float here and see a turn. I think hitting the ace or king on the turn is more profitable than on the flop because its well disguised.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No reads on the shorty but this type of thing keeps coming up. A lot of the time against a bigger stack I'll raise these donk leads, but any raise commits me to calling a shove. Standard to just let it go with no pair no draw in these spots?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $18.25
BB: $36.95
UTG: $15.25
MP: $22.75
Hero (CO): $60.70
BTN: $6.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

Flop: ($4.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2.50</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $2.50 returned to SB

Pot Size: $4.50 ($0.20 Rake)

Edit: DAMN YOU NEIL DEWHURST

[/ QUOTE ]

are these your normal stakes?
Old 08-01-2007, 10:53 PM

Yeah for now. I'll probably be moving up tomorrow. Why do you ask?
Old 08-01-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

let me know how this works out, which i'm assuming it will. You seem to be beating the tables i've played with you pretty easily. i'm still kinda floating between 50NL/100NL. My PTBB/100 @ 100NL isn't quite where i want it to be to make the jump full time.....although I probably set my standards a little too high.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i just switched from lhe to here, what do you think of the players at this level?
Old 08-01-2007, 11:08 PM

Games are generally soft and beatable. It's fairly easy to identify who actually has a clue at these tables, IMO.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Games are generally soft and beatable. It's fairly easy to identify who actually has a clue at these tables, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Best thing you can do is make sure you table select though. I've gotten a lot better recently at getting up when I see that the table isn't juicy whereas before I would stay way too long and just bleed off profits. There are certain regulars who are very exploitable, but it's not worth playing with them when there is a table of donks going. There are a bunch of regulars I see who sit down without regard to who else is on the table or their position on the table. Frequently a couple donks will bust and before you know it there are 2 nits and 2 TAGs and 2 TAGfish on the table. It just doesn't make much sense to play against them because your winrate will be lower and they are almost all very straightforward opponents so you aren't even really gaining valuable experience.

Certain times of day are really really bad. 2am EST it seems like the games really dry up, but they seem to get soft again an hour or so later.

Playing ABC you will definitely beat 50nl for a good winrate so long as you can avoid tilt.

Edit: Table selecting doesn't just mean making sure there is a donk or two at your tables. I get up a lot even when there is some huge donkey at the table if I am unable to get position on the donkey. Basically you don't get to play against the fish in position often unless he's really really bad in the blinds.