Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: 50nl AA line check

Betting more out of position seems terrible to me. You want to play your biggest pots from in position.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:08 AM

As I said, it's a sweeping generalization. But take AdAc on a KdTc2d flop, you've raise and have one caller. Pot's about $5. A likely caller has one of two hands, Kx, or a flush draw. If he has the draw, I'm making him pay more because I'm going to be out of position and he'll more likely make a profit, so I add more disincentive. If I'm in position, he's less likely to make bucks off of me, so I can size my bet to make it more attractive, but still unprofitable.

Don't get me wrong, we're still betting fairly large, large enough to get maximum value from our good hands. The difference is pot to near pot, and something like 2/3s pot -- and it doesn't really matter all that much what I have, whether I'm cbetting or not.

NLTAP had a line or three about this.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:44 AM

given your read, I like it. And that he would bet smaller on a bluff just means, that he is more likely to have a Q here.
About the bet sizing: it's ok, but you give up a LOT of fold equity and get raised a LOT by more aggressive players if you make a "weak" bet of 1/2 pot. I don't think that many players realize that you bet the same amount with your monsters. IME there is a disproportionate drop in FE when you go lower than 2/3 pot.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:04 AM

I like this line against floaters, but why not minraise the turn? Or call turn/lead river? Would this give you more value?