Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 04:47 PM

Default 50nl AA line check

Villain is 30/5/1.5 over 100. Fold to cbet is 33%. He has bet the turn 60% of the time.

There aren't really any draws I'm concerned about and since he seemed to float, I decided to CR and try to trap a bet from a bluff.

So what do you think, standard given my read or FPS?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $67.25
UTG+1: $149.25
Hero: $50
Button: $43.85
SB: $33.05
BB: $56.25

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, Button calls, 3 folds.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($5.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($11.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $11.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $44.75</font>.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: 50nl AA line check

If you put Villain on a bluff, why RRAI? You just said you're not concerned about draws. I would call and hope he fires again on the river. He's only calling your push with a set or straight here.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:53 PM

Bet more on flop ~4$ at least. Lead turn.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:56 PM

I would bet a little more on the flop. Your ck. induced a bluff or? Played perfectly, you got what you wanted.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you put Villain on a bluff, why RRAI? You just said you're not concerned about draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I think he bets smaller with a bluff and he just bet 1/3 his stack. After he pots it I think he's calling with his entire range.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bet more on flop ~4$ at least. Lead turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

My flop bet was within my standard range 1/2-2/3 pot typically. Against this particular opponent who calls too much on the flop I should definitely bet more though.

Why do you say to lead the turn? He is definitely capable of bluffing or betting a decent Q/PP here, the board is drawless, and he'll fold a lot of the hands he calls the flop with to a second barrel(66-JJ).
Old 07-26-2007, 05:59 PM

More on flop, I'd go $4 or $4.50. $3 leaves money on the table (most importantly, less money in the pot on the turn, so smaller bets there, and that means less money in the pot on the river, where you want to be able to get all villains chips in the middle without him having to call a huge bet...in general, of course). I like the turn a lot for the reasons you stated. Nice hand.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My flop bet was within my standard range 1/2-2/3 pot typically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suggest you change your std range of flop bets to 2/3 - full pot.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My flop bet was within my standard range 1/2-2/3 pot typically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suggest you change your std range of flop bets to 2/3 - full pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i always see people advocating this and i was wondering what the reason? is it because you dont price in draws as much?

-thanks
Old 07-26-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i always see people advocating this and i was wondering what the reason? is it because you dont price in draws as much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we're betting for value usually, and we get more value now and, more importantly, down the line as the pot gets bigger. The less important but still real value of "information" is also more accurate generally as the bet goes up.

Compare the pot of a 1/2 psb on the turn to a 2/3 to full pot bet that's called.

You charge draws more, in general, which is good. And charge made hands more to suck out (when ahead) and can, depending on villains, get out of some spots cheaper than if you make weak bets with moderate made hands.

Generally, I also consider my position as well. OOP, I'm generally betting more -- and in position I can bet less (with more control of the pot) for value and protection. Example AA on a drawy flop, I'm going to be betting closer to pot against an opponent in position, maybe 2/3 when they're out of position.

(warning: sweeping generalizations that tend to change based on flop and villain)