Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Re: 30/60 draw high challenge

i dont win enough pots to care [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2007, 10:23 PM

You want to know how to win more pots? OK... Play every hand to the end! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell are you talking about? Since when did a high rake become good?

And let's stop talking about a player who has +/-0 expectation AFTER rake as a break-even player. He's a winning player who's whole winning goes to paying rake...

It sounds like you are happy the higher the rake is, because you get higher rake back then...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly you are mistaken, THE RAKE IS NOT HIGH, how much you raked is high... play multiple tables, play full time (80 hours a week), etc...

And players who come out +/- $0 after the rake is paid are considered break even players in poker, they are not considered winning players. In a real business you don't take business expenses and say "Oh we lost $100,000 this year, but we had $500,000 in expenses, so really we made $400,000".

The rake is not changing, it is normal rake, but the MORE I RAKE the more money I get back. You clearly don't understand the concept of rake back well enough.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:32 PM

SLIME51 and I are playing right now for anyone who is interested.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:23 PM

OK... If you say so... Then I can recommend you to play heads up. You'll get a lot of rake that way (especially at Ongame)! Great!!! Wonderful if you are a break-even player.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK... If you say so... Then I can recommend you to play heads up. You'll get a lot of rake that way (especially at Ongame)! Great!!! Wonderful if you are a break-even player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again you clearly don't understand at all... I was never suggesting you should try to rake as much as you can. I was simply saying a break even player COULD make a living if they raked enough each month. Obviously no player is going to go into poker planning to break even and rake $10,000 a month. You are ignorant to think that is what I was saying.

I was merely making a point that it is possible to be a break even draw player (or slight winner) and still make a living as long as you aren't American. But clearly you took this to the extreme and got angry probably because you can't do this.

Most of us who rake a lot are also winning players, high rake comes from playing multiple tables and lots of hours. However there are some slight losing/break even/slight winning players who also rake high amounts each month and can make a decent profit off of it.

Like I said before, you clearly don't understand the concept correctly, and my guess is you probably don't even play with rake back or care about it. Which is just fine if you enjoy throwing money away. Good luck to you.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:32 PM

Am I the only one sick of the "fix-limit isn't beatable since the rake is to high"-posts?

Draw is beatable, no question about it...
Old 07-28-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one sick of the "fix-limit isn't beatable since the rake is to high"-posts?

Draw is beatable, no question about it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen any such posts in this thread... but of course draw is beatable, as all forms of poker are.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:38 AM

I think you have misunderstood the meaning of the word "clearly".
Old 07-29-2007, 06:47 AM

Default Post deleted by Ryan Beal