Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF

Old 07-06-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Romantic things to do in Vegas...

I wasn't exactly sure where I should put this, but I think I'll get the best content here...So, what are some romantic things to do in vegas other than hookers and blow. My girlfriend is coming in for a long weekend and I need a plan. I was planning on taking her to see Love since she is obsessed but I need some other good dining/drinking/seeing/doing options...
Old 07-06-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Romantic things to do in Vegas...

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't exactly sure where I should put this, but I think I'll get the best content here...So, what are some romantic things to do in vegas other than hookers and blow. My girlfriend is coming in for a long weekend and I need a plan. I was planning on taking her to see Love since she is obsessed but I need some other good dining/drinking/seeing/doing options...

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a reservation at Prime or Cirque at a table by the front windows. Perhaps I'm particularly susceptible to the allure of it, but I happen to think the Bellagio fountains are one of the most beautiful things ever.

The last time I was at Cirque, a guy proposed to his GF by having the chef put a diamond ring in her dessert. He got a standing O from everyone there. It was one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:35 PM

Also, I should clarify, not everything has to be romantic, I just need a nice list of things to do with a girlfriend here.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:10 PM

AZK,

Cirque shows are always great.

No shortage of great restaurants, check B&M Vegas thread and the one here for tons.

Ghostbar, Foundation Room, and other lounge type places are nice places to hang out with a girl.

The pool, of course.

A room with a jacuzzi tub.

The new club (Moon) at The Palms sounds pretty cool.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:24 PM

Expert on this subject as I often bring the ball and chain with.

Dinners are can't miss. Find some place nice. Delmonico's is a personal romantic fave.

Spa treatments go over well. If you want to partake, get a double massage at Bellagio ($$$). If not, set her up for a full treatment (facial, pedicure, massage) and hit the poker tables in the meantime.

If you do a Cirque, go with Ka. IMHO it dwarfs all the others in terms of the wow factor.

Take her to the midway arcade at Luxor, then the Roller Coaster at NYNY. Look out for gunmen on the walkway (too soon?)

Shop at the Forum shops.

But my personal fave is just to relax in a room with a view of the strip. Order room service and Champagne, watch a movie. Set up stuff for later in the day...
Old 07-06-2007, 03:39 PM

man i am such a degenerate that any time i've had a girl i care about go to vegas with me it's been a complete disaster. i ususally send them to canyon ranch at the venetian and hope it takes up a whole day.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
man i am such a degenerate that any time i've had a girl i care about go to vegas with me it's been a complete disaster. i ususally send them to canyon ranch at the venetian and hope it takes up a whole day.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I have sworn off bringing women to LV anymore - I wind up resenting them because they are keeping me from playing poker tournaments. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Took the 2nd wife to Prime BTW - nice setting, decent food, way overpriced for what you get.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:48 PM

Just [censored] all day, IMO.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:50 PM

Do E and ride around in a limo under the lights having sex. Seriously.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:39 PM

Fountains at Bellagio. GF really liked it.

Dinner at the top of the Stratosphere.
Dinner at other LV nice restaurants too like Nobu or Delmonico's or wherever....but I think the top of Stratosphere has a more romantic feel to it even if the food isn't as spectacular.
GF really liked it. Slowly spins-around as you are dining so you end up seeing the whole city.

Even just going up top to the bar could work alright I suspect if you want to do dinner somewhere else.

Night clubs or ElD's preferred lounges can both work in different ways I think and depending on your mood.

I think there's a restaurant somewhere up in the eiffel tower at the Paris where you can get dinner or just coffee and also have a good view of the Bellagio fountains. Didn't go there myself but that might be worthwhile.

Fontana Lounge has a good view of the fountains too, doesn't it?

The cheesy gondola ride in the Venetian. We didn't get to this because the lines were kind of longish when we were there. But GF wants me to take her back to LV partly just so we can do this.

We also didn't hit any of the Cirque shows or anything. But I've told her that I've read on here that supposedly they really are worthwhile so we'll probably go to O or Ka or something else upon our return (I really don't think either one of us would be interested in sitting through a really long stretch of Beatles music).

didn't get up to Fremont Street. No idea if their little light-show wha-cha-ma-thing could also qualify as 'romantic'.

ElD's recommendation of room with jacuzzi tub is a good one although would certainly be more expensive in LV I suspect.
We have done this with the mini-jacuzzi thing at the Sheraton in Tunica.
Not bad after a few hours of gambling and drinking. Light a couple candles and it feels like romance-city.