Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Skip Bayless

Man do I [censored] hate this guy. There's no other sports talking head/commentator that I truly hate besides him. I mean I think guys like Walton, Theisman, etc are dumb but I don't HATE them.

Today I was watching 1st & 10 at lunch with my coworkers and had to ask them to change the channel bc the guy was making my [censored] blood boil. How can one man be such a hater. He was ragging on LBJ again today. I'm not even a huge LBJ fanboy, but he's undoubtedly a top 5 NBA player (some might argue higher); and you could swap out any player in his prime in basketball history for LBJ in this series and the Cavs still wouldn't win. The team is just that outmatched in this series. MJ, Wilt, Magic, Bird, Dr. J, Kobe, whoever would lose in LBJ's shoes. Skip doesn't acknowledge this, he just blames LBJ for everything.

Another reason to hate this bastard: Jay [censored] Culter. Skip thinks Cutler is gonna be the next Marino or Namath just bc he's a Vandy alum. Now if Denver is good this year with him starting I'll have to listen to this [censored] all year. And if he's a failure, good ol Skip will make some lame ass excuse bailing Cutler out.

Sorry to rant, but does anyone actually like this guy or watch his show?
Old 06-14-2007, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Skip Bayless

Old 06-14-2007, 11:06 PM

If you traded out LBJ for Jordan the Cavs would not be getting swept. Agree they still wouldn't win the series.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:07 PM

Skip Bayless is one of a select few television personalities who evoke in me a strong and negative physiological reaction. How he has managed to keep his job is a mystery. I'd like to see him get punched in the crotch by one of the butch chicks from "American Gladiators"
Old 06-14-2007, 11:14 PM

I too am mystified at how Skip Bayless still has a job. He's not one of those edgy guys who make outlandish statements that you can't help but watch, but he's so offensively stupid that I'll reflexively turn the channel if I see his face or here his voice. Completely unwatchable.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:29 PM

Old 06-14-2007, 11:39 PM

Skip is pure unintentional comedy gold.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:56 AM

i hope he gets AIDS from stuart scott
Old 06-15-2007, 01:04 AM

I voted "meh hes a douche" only because "diagf plz skip" is reserved for Joe [censored] Morgan and Tim McCarver.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:21 AM

I agree to an extent...I completely agree that Skip is god awful annoying, but I think he is kind of setup to try and say things that will get a rise out of people. And I don't know exactly what he said about LBJ, but many people have criticized LBJ throughout this series and rightly so.

I mean you just can't have it both ways, (and I'm somewhat of a LBJ fan, not huge, but definitely don't dislike him) he can't be called the god of all things for bringing them to the finals and then not get criticized when he doesn't a whole lot in the finals.

I think he's pretty lame and hardly ever makes a good point...like I said, I think he just tries to either get a rise out of whoever is sitting across from him and "they" are supposed to be the people who set him straight. Obviously if he said Jordan, or whoever would have won this series, then that is a ludicrous statement.