Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 07:45 PM

Default 2 CP hands

6 limps to my sb, hero limps 77 and we flop: AA7r, hero checks (because he never slowplays and one of the 7 others has to have an ace?)

checks to button who bets, i call, utg calls, 2 others call

turn 9r: hero donks, utg calls, button calls

river 10r: hero donks, utg calls, button raises...

read on button - he hugely respects my play and hasnt seen me show down anything but pure gold, we have been talking about poker and trash talking the other ppl at the table

utg is fairly conservative, likes to payoff, but has made an occassional good fold...

call? 3-bet? anyone fold here?

-------

another hand, but from the 30-60 game...

utg+1 limps (station), mp raises (tag), hero calls with JsTs (because blinds defend loosely), both blinds call and we see a flop:

8h 9s Kd: utg1 checks, mp bets, hero calls, all fold...

turn: 8c: mp bets, hero raises...

mp played fairly by the book and would keep betting even with marginal hands until resistances, no specific reads on him except tag... opinions/criticisms?
Old 06-06-2007, 08:12 PM

Default Re: 2 CP hands

hand 1:

I don't like the flop check. Two aces on board make it less likely that someone has one, and more importantly you don't know where that person will be - you don't want to check-raise button and clear the field, so just bet and hope that you and the A can trap a bunch of people in between (or that you collect some flop peels if no one else has a good hand. Given the flop action, I like the turn bet a lot - button will often check through, and he may still raise you and allow you to 3-bet.

I think the river is close between calling and 3-betting (folding is out of the question). Unless button is really smart, your line doesn't look much like a full house, so he may raise you with just an A. However, having UTG in the middle makes it a call, I think, because it sounds like he'll lay it down for 2 more but will probably call for 1, so you make the same when ahead and lose less when button has AT.

hand 2:

I suppose the PF call is okay if you were the button, the blinds will definitely come along, and no one was likely to 3-bet behind you. I don't usually make this call, but I probably should be.

flop is standard - I think raising there is too optimistic.

turn seems a little iffy because it's just not that believable that you'd have an 8 here. I think it depends a lot on his image of you, and whether he's the kind of guy that will usually 3-bet AK/AA and make you pay extra for your draw. I guess I'm saying that the bluff might be profitable if it only costs you 1 extra bet when it fails, but not if it's going to cost you 2.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:50 PM

hand 1: bet

hand 2: don't know how the table is playing or what your image is, but if you play anywhere near decent you're not going to have an 8 there, opponent is not gonna (or shouldn't) fold a high ppair and is not folding a K either, which leaves you with AQ and AJ, with which he might actually call you off, bc it wouldn't make much sense for you to raise anything other than AK, AA or 99 in this spot, hands you'd probably reraise with pre flop

so, I don't like, unless you have some reads you haven't told about

there are some other factors in play as well, but this is just a straightforward analysis
Old 06-06-2007, 10:57 PM

obv KQ is an option, there's some sother stuff I wanted to write as well, but I can't keep my eyes open at the moment and I'm not thinking straight, I'm off to bed
Old 06-07-2007, 02:49 AM

Hand 1: Bet out on the flop, or raise after the button bets to force others to call 2 bets cold. You can easily be beat by A-10 on the end but you pretty much gotta call at that point.

Hand 2: Raise the flop in position for information/possible free card on the turn. Turn raise will probably get him off of a weak hand, but this information can be found out on the flop most likely.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:49 AM

Hand 1: Just bet the flop. Call the river and expect to lose.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:47 AM

the motivation for turn raise in hand 2 is that i had done a couple turn raises with AK/KQ/KJ in this spot in a few other hands this night... no other specific reads on villain - at the point of the hand i figured TT-QQ,AQ/AJ/AT would toss their hand in, and if i ended up getting there it would tilt villain... what say you now?
Old 06-07-2007, 11:32 AM

Under full is one of those hands try to get infinte action with immediately. An Ace will go to a cap with you on that flop and may put in multiple bets with you on the turn. Maybe you'll even be lucky enough that 2 people will have an ace. Just start ramming right away.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:23 PM

Hand 1: 3 bomb the river, smells like a strait or weirdly played 2 pair. I'm not giving him credit for a AT just yet.

Hand 2: I like playing draws aggro against tags, especially if they can make a fold. His flop bet is almost a dark bet and a lot of times you can get him to call and fold the turn UI w/a hand like AQ, AJ, PP or something else less than TP that he doesn't feel like taking to showdowan a against you. Since your image is "good as gold" then you should let that work for you. Even if you get 3 bet your still not in bad shape with an OESD to the nuts
Old 06-07-2007, 12:34 PM

smallz, good image was hand 1 - thats why i figured he knew i had at least an ace there... hand 2 guy doesnt know anything aside from what lsited