Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 01:25 AM

Default random thoughts on finale

1. i liked it a lot more than i thought i would.

2. gladys knight made melinda and lakisha both look small and talentless. actually, even that girl that melinda used to sing backup for kind of made melinda look bad.

3. gina is still my girl (i love how she pointed to herself and winked while singing "i get high with a little help from my friends"), but if there's one AI talent that would be the [censored] of the century, it's carrie underwood.

4. if the last round ended with jordin doing "this is my now" and blake doing a solo version of that beatboxing duet, blake wins the whole banana.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: random thoughts on finale

i disagree about melinda and lakisha looking bad. i think they hold their own well.

yes, that third round was completely unfair to blake.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:20 AM

Gladys Knight was ridiculously good DAMNIT - but I thought Melinda held her own, and absolutely stood out vs. the 2 people she used to back up (also I have no idea who those 2 people are, should I?)

Blake & Doug E. Fresh beatboxing - my friend and I were chatting and she said it was "just awful, really horrible". WTF? I just assumed everyone thought it was awesome...

-Al
Old 05-24-2007, 02:24 AM

If you factor out the anticlimactic results, this might be the best finale show ever. Err, better factor out Bette Middler too.

Interesting sidelight I heard on the news: Jordin will be subject to child labor laws and will not be allowed to work more than 8 hours a day.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting sidelight I heard on the news: Jordin will be subject to child labor laws and will not be allowed to work more than 8 hours a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have there not been plenty of under < 18 recording artists?
Old 05-24-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. gladys knight made melinda and lakisha both look small and talentless.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's funny. i thought melinda and lakisha made gladys look more relevant than she has in a decade.

imo, the three of them could tour to sold out venues.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:37 PM

I have like 10x the respect for blake after that beatboxing thing, in fact after that I would not have even been upset had he won.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:07 PM

My random thoughts:

* Best performance of the night was Blake vs. Doug E. Fresh. Really, really fun stuff.

* Close second best performance was Carrie on "I'll Stand By You." Her voice is really impeccable, and she commands the stage, connects with the lyrics & the audience, and looks great to boot. I'm still surprised how low she ranked on this forum's list of great singers in Idol Top 2 History. I think she's easily up there with Clay as the best. She also has genuine personality, which is... er... lacking in so many others.

* Taylor was embarrassing.

* Where was Katharine?

* Green Day -- surprising, good.

* Bette Midler -- confused, silly.

* Sanjaya & Joe Perry -- I'm over it.

I'm also one of those whose DVR cut out before the end, so I saw all the performances but not the final coronation. Which is good, because I didn't need to witness the gross, weepy reaction of that tinny, shrieky, giggling spaztard who won.

This is two crap winners in a row for this show -- they'd better get back to the Carrie/Fantasia quality fast, or they'll be known as the show who finds great talent... then eliminates them in 4th place.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:11 PM

4. if the last round ended with jordin doing "this is my now" and blake doing a solo version of that beatboxing duet, blake wins the whole banana.

[/ QUOTE ]

so true. man, that makes me mad. it is unfair to give blake a song so wrong for his style. that is what completely screwed him (and me) in the end.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:13 PM

also, im surprised so many people havent learned to tivo the show after AI. it runs over all the time.