Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2007, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Sopranos 4/8???

[ QUOTE ]
is it just me or is this episode extremely boring?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you got through seasons 4, 5, and 6A and are still with us, then it's just you.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you got through seasons 4, 5, and 6A and are still with us, then it's just you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Season 4 was arguably boring, 5 was loaded with action, and 6 had it's share of action as well. This episode was subdued but interesting and refreshing, IMO.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Season 4 was arguably boring, 5 was loaded with action, and 6 had it's share of action as well. This episode was subdued but interesting and refreshing, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really think any of them are boring, I liked season 4 a lot. Six I thought was pretty crap though after they started in with Johnny Cakes. I wish they would have ended Vito's storyline forever with him safely on the lam in the new small town. The episode where he runs away was great.

In this episode, the fight should have been enough to keep you on your toes, considering the implications.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No need to delete this thread, as the old one is gone.

Thing about the Sopranos is that, due to the long delay between seasons, you forget just how slow the show is. The issues between Bobby and Tony are interesting, but the scenes in the lake house could have been cut in half.

Admittedly, a lot of today's shows move way too fast (e.g., 24), but this is taking the opposite extreme.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the scene in which they were playing board games, gradually getting drunker and drunker, or about the lake house scenes in general? I thought the board games scene was brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

The board game scene was fine. Everything else before that could have been cut in half.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really think any of them are boring, I liked season 4 a lot. Six I thought was pretty crap though after they started in with Johnny Cakes. I wish they would have ended Vito's storyline forever with him safely on the lam in the new small town. The episode where he runs away was great.

In this episode, the fight should have been enough to keep you on your toes, considering the implications.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a pretty big season 4 defender - when I say it was arguably boring, I mean the focus was more on the Soprano family (as in Tony, Carm, Meadow, AJ) and not the mafia. I believe it was the first season without a hit in the final episode. I found it interesting, but I can see how some people could find it dull.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:42 PM

Sopranos has never been extremely action packed but has done a great job of making you (me) like a character who is simply a gangster and that most, given a choice, would not be around every day.

As far as the hit that bobby made I think it will def come back to haunt him.. not sure why but the ephasis on the dna, his first kill, and the ripped shirt with the bullet being "saved" in the washing machine all would allow for a decent case imo.

Yeah I am glad this was sort of neatly contained as I dont remember much sopranos like I watched part of season five a week ago and really had no idea what people were talking about.

I liked the episode def not my favorite but I am glad they are going to be back for a while... sucks having to wait a week each one (I came late into season 4 buying the dvds all at once and watching)
Old 04-09-2007, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with the bullet being "saved" in the washing machine all would allow for a decent case imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldn't the bullet be saved anyway, inside of the dude?
Old 04-09-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with the bullet being "saved" in the washing machine all would allow for a decent case imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It went through him. Irrelevant though, because he dropped the gun in the open nearby.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It went through him. Irrelevant though, because he dropped the gun in the open nearby.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know it went through him, but i'm saying it would have been "saved" anyway even if it had just remained embedded in the body
Old 04-09-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i know it went through him, but i'm saying it would have been "saved" anyway even if it had just remained embedded in the body

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe..ya, its not like there are tons of unsolved murders out there due to not being able to find a bullet.