Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Sopranos 4/8???

How is possible that I don't see a thread for last night's Sopranos episode.

I loved it. It was contained within itself, really. Not a lot of storylines played a role, as it was focused solely on the trip and the relationship between Baccala and T.

Next week should be an episode where things come back together.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Sopranos 4/8???

there was a thread it got lost in the forum move from new back to old, consensus was it was a great ep.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:57 PM

Ah, ok. Mods can delete this, then.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:54 PM

No need to delete this thread, as the old one is gone.

Thing about the Sopranos is that, due to the long delay between seasons, you forget just how slow the show is. The issues between Bobby and Tony are interesting, but the scenes in the lake house could have been cut in half.

Admittedly, a lot of today's shows move way too fast (e.g., 24), but this is taking the opposite extreme.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thing about the Sopranos is that, due to the long delay between seasons, you forget just how slow the show is. The issues between Bobby and Tony are interesting, but the scenes in the lake house could have been cut in half.

Admittedly, a lot of today's shows move way too fast (e.g., 24), but this is taking the opposite extreme.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the scene in which they were playing board games, gradually getting drunker and drunker, or about the lake house scenes in general? I thought the board games scene was brilliant.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the scene in which they were playing board games, gradually getting drunker and drunker, or about the lake house scenes in general? I thought the board games scene was brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the entire thing was very slow. Not only the board game scene but some of the other beach house scenes. They were doing nothing for advancing the plot. We didn't need the long board game scene to know where it was going. It seemed obvious to me those two were headed down that road.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the entire thing was very slow. Not only the board game scene but some of the other beach house scenes. They were doing nothing for advancing the plot. We didn't need the long board game scene to know where it was going. It seemed obvious to me those two were headed down that road.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does everything have to advance the plot, though? The interactions during that scene were fantastic and had some great lines (blowing guys under the boardwalk, first place in the beauty pageant was a german shepherd, etc). I've never really thought of Sopranos as a plot-driven show.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:29 PM

I thought the ep was fine, except for Janice being on screen 80% of the time. Can't stand her.

Was anyone else disappointed that Tony didn't come home to find the house a total mess from AJ's party?
Old 04-09-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the main "plot" of the show is the character of Tony Soprano, period. And this episode advanced that beautifully.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:08 PM

"Under The Boardwalk... with his schlong in Jan's mouth."

Great line.