Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Birth Control besides condoms....

[ QUOTE ]
My wife tried the ring and hated it. She said it never stayed in. Every other time I would walk into the kitchen she would have her pants down with her hand up her cooter trying to put it back in. Very uncomfortable for her. But, other women love it. Just not compatible with my wife's anatomy.

[/ QUOTE ]

ha
Old 03-16-2007, 07:51 PM

What's the standards on whether a guy is Spongeworthy?

Just saw that episode today.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:12 PM

Get your girlfriend to speak to her doctor about implanol... its like a little plastic rod that they insert into the top of your arm and it lasts for 3 years. Ive had mine for about two and its wonderful. I get about 2 periods a year! Best thing about it compared to the injection is that if you dont like it they can just take it straight back out so you dont have to wait 3 months for it to wear off.
Also, unlike the pill you dont have to worry about forgetting to take it or anything so there's very little chance of accidentally getting pregnant.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:17 PM

My GF is on the ring and it's mostly awesome. You can feel it inside her, so she could take it out for sex if you care, but it's no big deal.

Anyway, we both thought it was all awesome until last month when I'm randomly straightening up in the bedroom and notice a funny rubber band thing on the ground and I'm like "hey babe, what's this?" she sees it and goes "oh f**k" and then we had to go buy pregnancy tests.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:20 PM

dude just pull out
Old 03-16-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Merina IUD

Placed in the uterus(vaginally) by the OB, 99.9% effective in preventing pregnancy. Minimal side effects, periods may eventually stop, lasts 5 years and can be removed at any time if she wants to get pregnant.

Here is the site. Would highly recommend.
http://www.mirena-us.com/howmirenaworks.html

[/ QUOTE ]

According to that site, Merina should only be used by women who've already had a child, although they don't explain why. That seems like a pretty significant drawback. Any idea why they say that?

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with IUD's, especially when they were first developed, is that they would permanently scar the woman's uterus and make her unable to ever carry children. I don't know if that's the case with this brand, but it sounds pretty sketchy.

I 100% agree with your gf, pfunk, as does nls, hormones MESS with you! I stopped taking the pill because I was crying at kodak commercials. literally, 30s film spots would make me sad for days. I was also absolutely repulsed at the thought of being touched by anyone, so nls finally decided he'd rather have his gf back even if it limited other things.

There is injectible spermicide; it works like a syringe where you suck it up from a tube, and then squirt it all the way up in the girl. it doesn't hurt but it's kidn of uncomfortable when it comes back out. Also if you're using condoms, make sure they have spermicide.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Merina IUD

Placed in the uterus(vaginally) by the OB, 99.9% effective in preventing pregnancy. Minimal side effects, periods may eventually stop, lasts 5 years and can be removed at any time if she wants to get pregnant.

Here is the site. Would highly recommend.
http://www.mirena-us.com/howmirenaworks.html

[/ QUOTE ]

According to that site, Merina should only be used by women who've already had a child, although they don't explain why. That seems like a pretty significant drawback. Any idea why they say that?

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with IUD's, especially when they were first developed, is that they would permanently scar the woman's uterus and make her unable to ever carry children. I don't know if that's the case with this brand, but it sounds pretty sketchy.

I 100% agree with your gf, pfunk, as does nls, hormones MESS with you! I stopped taking the pill because I was crying at kodak commercials. literally, 30s film spots would make me sad for days. I was also absolutely repulsed at the thought of being touched by anyone, so nls finally decided he'd rather have his gf back even if it limited other things.

There is injectible spermicide; it works like a syringe where you suck it up from a tube, and then squirt it all the way up in the girl. it doesn't hurt but it's kidn of uncomfortable when it comes back out. Also if you're using condoms, make sure they have spermicide.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2007, 09:48 PM

abortion?
Old 03-16-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also if you're using condoms, make sure they have spermicide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this apparently isn't true (although I used to believe the same thing). I've seen numerous places say that spermicide on a condom doesn't help, and can actually reduce the condom's shelf life.

According to Consumer reports:

[ QUOTE ]
There’s no reason to choose spermicidal condoms over other kinds. They have no additional benefit in preventing pregnancy, have a shorter shelf life, and may cause urinary-tract infections in young women. Nonoxynol-9, a widely used spermicide, came under scrutiny in 2001 when a report from the World Health Organization warned that if used frequently, it may cause vaginal irritation and might increase the risk of contracting HIV.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-16-2007, 10:03 PM

belly splash

guranteed 70% effective