Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Oh So Standard?

Possibly flat call against this player PF.

I prefer to check the flop. You get hardly any value from betting the flop. We dont really need to protect from draws.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:15 AM

If you check this flop are you calling nothing/one bet/two bets or maybe even 3-bets?

The problem I have with checking is that it can get you into a lot of crappy situations, also do you check AK/AA/KK here on the flop as well?

Also flatcall is much better preflop even though I love 3-betting I don't enjoy 3-betting UTG people all that much.

As played its fine...
Old 01-22-2007, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pretty standard

imho flop bet size is fine

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, flop bet is good, betting 20 vs 16 isn't gonna make a whole lot of difference - he's folding/calling range is very similar imo. And if it's all the same you would rather bet less as you are not gonna get called by worse hands often.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:17 AM

flop bet is fine
Old 01-22-2007, 09:20 AM

Well firstly villain has checked flop, which just asks for a Cbet.

If we check flop:

Flop; Villain checks, hero checks

Turn; Villain bets with anything and we maybe folding the best hand. If you were villain, and the 3bettor checked behind on the flop, wouldn't you try and take it away?
Old 01-22-2007, 09:21 AM

I don't cbet very often in three bet pots, except against people who're more likely to have noticed I don't cbet them very often. It helps under represent your hand as well as the obvious.

Here though, there're a couple of overcards, and people generally seem to call in these spots without very much: "Oh, the board is paired, he CAN'T have anything!"
Old 01-22-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you check this flop are you calling nothing/one bet/two bets or maybe even 3-bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

against a guy with a postflop aggression of 1, i'm probably calling nothing. maybe one small bet.

against a more aggressive villain, probably one reasonably-sized bet. against a thinking, aggressive villain, maybe two bets at times.

[ QUOTE ]

The problem I have with checking is that it can get you into a lot of crappy situations, also do you check AK/AA/KK here on the flop as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, very often. in fact, i'd almost never bet this flop with these hands if i didn't want to be able to balance for the times i'll have air on this flop.

you can check this flop with three queens or an overpair and the pot will still be big enough after you bet the turn for you to reasonably put him all in on the river.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well firstly villain has checked flop, which just asks for a Cbet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
If we check flop:

Flop; Villain checks, hero checks

Turn; Villain bets with anything and we maybe folding the best hand. If you were villain, and the 3bettor checked behind on the flop, wouldn't you try and take it away?

[/ QUOTE ]

villain is a passive fish, not a tricky 2+2er.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

against a guy with a postflop aggression of 1, i'm probably calling nothing. maybe one small bet.

against a more aggressive villain, probably one reasonably-sized bet. against a thinking, aggressive villain, maybe two bets at times.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, very often. in fact, i'd almost never bet this flop with these hands if i didn't want to be able to balance for the times i'll have air on this flop.

you can check this flop with three queens or an overpair and the pot will still be big enough after you bet the turn for you to reasonably put him all in on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess we have different approaches to 3-bet pots in that case, I bet most flops in 3-bet pots (excepth the extremely ugly ones or against certain villains/messed up image) you are apparantly checking most flops. To each his own I guess, but I prefer being the agressor nearly always...
Old 01-22-2007, 09:29 AM

well, what better hands does the villain fold to a flop bet? JJ?

what worse hands can hero get more than one barrel of value from?