Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2006, 04:05 PM

Default NL50: Help me play this flopped str8 OOP

Bodog full-table. I have a little over $50, and everyone in the hand has me covered.

No good reads, other than EP seems reasonable, whereas the Button is a calling station.

Preflop: SB posts $0.25. chesspain is BB with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
1 fold, EP calls $0.50, 2 folds, LP calls $0.50, 1 fold, Button calls $0.50, <font color="red">SB raises to $1</font>, chesspain calls $1, EP calls $1, LP calls $1, Button calls $1.

Flop: ($5) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
<font color="red">SB bets $0.50</font>, chesspain...

a) Calls?
b) Raises to $2.50?
c) Raises the pot to $5?
d) Pushes?
Old 12-03-2006, 04:09 PM

Default Re: NL50: Help me play this flopped str8 OOP

i would probably raise to 2.50 and hope for a re-raise
Old 12-03-2006, 04:14 PM

Tricky spot. I think options a and b are the two to choose between. Both have pluses and negatives.

If you call, its likely that if someone has a set they will reraise on this drawy board, and you can then get your chips in, however, if there is no raise were not sure exactly what SB has (he may have a set or two pair), and we give him a cheap turn.

If we raise, we will often lose all top pair hands and get nothing more out of it.

I think I prefer to play it safe and raise to 3 or 4 and hope someone likes their hand.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:00 PM

I don't like a call, you want to build the pot, and calling is not going to let you stack him, I thikn if you raise to like 3 or 4 SB might read you as a straight draw because most people slow play flopped monsters. If he has top pair he might call, and if he has better than you're going to get his stack anyways so you want to get it all in before straight cards kill your action.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:05 PM

I make it something like 4 and hope for a call
Old 12-03-2006, 05:39 PM

C, or maybe a little bit less. $2.50 is awful.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:49 PM

raise to 2.5 is probably the best, the initial bet doesn't seem all that interested with the flop. You can't going to make a huge pot if he doesn't have a hand right now. 2.5 reraise can mean you just have TP. It doesn't mean you flopped a monster. Most of the time, the raiser will probably fold to even a half pot bet.

Just remember that if you do decide to call, if the raiser decide to bet big on later streaks, you will basically define your hand once you start reraising to build the pot. In the end, you make either the same amount or less versus betting.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:56 PM

I'd raise to about $4. If you get no action, you probably weren't gonna get anything else anyway.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bodog full-table. I have a little over $50, and everyone in the hand has me covered.

No good reads, other than EP seems reasonable, whereas the Button is a calling station.

Preflop: SB posts $0.25. chesspain is BB with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
1 fold, EP calls $0.50, 2 folds, LP calls $0.50, 1 fold, Button calls $0.50, <font color="red">SB raises to $1</font>, chesspain calls $1, EP calls $1, LP calls $1, Button calls $1.

Flop: ($5) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
<font color="red">SB bets $0.50</font>, chesspain...

a) Calls?
b) Raises to $2.50?
c) Raises the pot to $5?
d) Pushes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise to atleast 2.50 or up to 5.00. When you flop a str8, chances are someone else has flopped two pair. The two pair hand will play with you, dont take the chance they are going to slow play.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:58 PM

Make it 5.