Old 07-28-2006, 11:06 PM
tongni tongni is offline

Default Help! Aviation club is holding my money (long)

In early June, I went over to Aviation Club de Paris to play cash games during the WPT event Grand Prix de Paris. I had difficulty obtaining cash, so I took a cashiers check from the bank for $100,000 made out to Aviation Club. I got there and they told me that they could cash it but would have to verify it. I barrowed some money for the first couple days but decided to have it cashed there and just wait for the money. This was probably around June 20th. Eventually I had to leave France, but the manager of the poker room said that they would just wire it back as soon as the check was verified and gave me his email address. Here is our correspondence:

On 7/29/06, brunofitoussi < brunofitoussi@---------> wrote:
hi Anthony,
I'm sorry to inform you that the check is still a pending transaction ! I
will transfer the money to your bank account as soon as our bank will credit
our account ! But to do so i need more accurate infos on your account:
- name and adress of your bank
- account holder name and number
- IBAN number and SWIFT code
best regards
bruno Fitoussi

Old 07-28-2006, 11:17 PM
TomHimself TomHimself is offline

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own
Default Re: Help! Aviation club is holding my money (long)

[censored] french.

i would just keep emailing them
Old 07-28-2006, 11:28 PM
TheRonin TheRonin is offline

Location: US VA

I re-raise and show
Molotov cocktail to the front door
Old 07-28-2006, 11:45 PM
stealthcow stealthcow is offline

Location: i <3 Toronto

have you contacted your bank? They must have a tracking number or something on status. I know when i go to canada and cash checks they need 3 weeks to verify that its a legit check before giving me the $.

good luck- and while on the topic of large sums of money, did you get your money back from that guy at tstone last year?

stealthcow-
Old 07-29-2006, 12:17 AM
Punker Punker is offline

I'd strongly suspect Fitoussi is at the WSOP now and likely not answering email from "home".
Old 07-29-2006, 12:55 AM
gilbert gilbert is offline

[ QUOTE ]
I'd strongly suspect Fitoussi is at the WSOP now and likely not answering email from "home".

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the hendon mob site, fitoussi cashed in two events on 7/16 and 7/17. One email was sent on 7/14 and the next was on 7/18.

It's possible that tongni's check went through on the 14th when he flew to vegas to play in a couple events on tongni's dime and then flew back to Paris after making a quick score.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:59 AM
mntbikr15 mntbikr15 is offline

[ QUOTE ]

good luck- and while on the topic of large sums of money, did you get your money back from that guy at tstone last year?

stealthcow-

[/ QUOTE ]

trip report?
Old 07-29-2006, 04:00 AM
Arbitrage Arbitrage is offline

Location: B1@ZZ1N TR33Z

You need to add some "!"'s to your replies.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:18 AM
Martin Aigner Martin Aigner is offline

Location: Vienna / Austria

I saw him playing at the Bellagio some cash game, so you might want to go there sometimes and have a look.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:24 AM
tongni tongni is offline

Huh. Recieved this email 2 hours after I posted.

hi Anthony,
I'm happy to let you know that we finally got your money !! We have received a total amount of 77 700 Euros (i know the banks has charge the clearance of your check !)
I have allready send your bank account details and you should have received the money by tuesday
hope you get lucky in the main event
best regards
bruno

How funny. I guess it was just WSOP time and he's traveling and it can add a lot of confusion. A happy ending for all.