Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Strip Club Beat

[ QUOTE ]
It's totally empty.

[/ QUOTE ]

And no bells went off in your head? You aint much of a world traveler. Go French! take the stupid american's money.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, and the IRS sent a letter to my house yesterday. My dad says they are trying to audit me. I'm writing this 300 euros off somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are all of your tax records clean?
Old 06-21-2006, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UPDATE!!: I went to Aviation club and related this story to a couple of my friends there. They mentioned an unnamed FTP pro who ended up with a 42k euro bill in a Hungary strip club, and they ended up paying it under threat of extreme violence.

[/ QUOTE ]
I doubt its highly exaggerated. When I was in Budapest one of the first things I learned was that some of the strip club/lounges were simply mob fronts. The racket is for gorgeous women go to touristy bars and find rich foreigners. They hit on them, flatter them, etc, and then suggest they go to a different place nearby. This is the mob-owned club. There the drink prices are exorbitant - I heard in the area of $500 Euros, but no way of verifying, clearly - and they even have menus printed up with those prices. Obviously the menus are stashed under the bar and only broken out when you're told what your tab is and object. Big, intimidating men pop out of nowhere to make sure you pay your bill.

So anyways, its a pretty well-known scam in Budapeset. Kind of surprised it happens in Paris, too, though.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:58 PM

The "drinks" served to the girls are usually water+food coloring...helps the girls knock them back extra fast.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:20 PM

oldest trick in the [censored] book

you guys are idiots
Old 06-21-2006, 03:38 PM

i wanna hear more about this audit
Old 06-21-2006, 04:09 PM

Yeah, when I was in Budapest the people running the hostel had a long list of "do not even think of going into" strip clubs.

-SmileyEH
Old 06-21-2006, 04:16 PM

1) You can get really hot hookers in Paris for like 100 euros.

2) Who actually pays a cover at a strip club in France? Last time I went we ended up each paying 4 euro and getting a free drink with it.

FUNNY STORY:

Last time I was in Paris I go into a strip club that sounds like this one, real empty, girls join us on the couch. We're pretty shitfaced and after we have our one drink and have flirted a bit with the half naked girls that are all over us trying to get us to pay for dances, we decide to leave. Suddenly, outside I reach into my pocket and my 300 euros are gone! I go back in, confident that they pickpocketed me, I had it only minutes before entering. I tear through the couch, demand my money back and shout at the manager. We start pushing each other, he throws a glass that whizzes past my head. He then starts to pull a tazer out of his waistband, so I split. Get back to hotel and take my shoes off. The money was in my shoe. In my drunken stupor I had put my money in my shoe except 50 euro to make sure I didn't spend it/get it stolen.