Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 05-24-2006, 04:41 PM

Default Sign up time for Ceasars noon tournament?

I plan on playing Friday.

What time can you start signing up at?

Does the tournament sell out?

Estimated time from a room at Imperial Palace to the Ceasars poker room, assuming I use the stairs in IP, not the elevators?
Old 05-24-2006, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Sign up time for Ceasars noon tournament?

I arrived around 10:30 and signed up (you will need a players club card). However, I think you could still get in and sign up at 11:45 if you really wanted too cause I never really saw a line form but mine was on tuesday. I would arrive around 11 to be safe.

It didn't sell out when I was playing and we had like 88 people. I think they said they will take up to 200 though (not positve about this).

I walked from Flamingo to Ceasar's and that only took 5 minutes so I would imagine IP to CP will take 10-15 minutes.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:46 PM

When I was there in February they said they would take as many they had show up provided there were enough dealers....
Old 05-24-2006, 04:48 PM

Thanks for the responses.

Is the players card a special one, or simply Harrahs rewards card(worthless)? Can you get the card in the poker room, or do you need to go to the players club.

[ QUOTE ]
I arrived around 10:30 and signed up (you will need a players club card). However, I think you could still get in and sign up at 11:45 if you really wanted too cause I never really saw a line form but mine was on tuesday. I would arrive around 11 to be safe.

It didn't sell out when I was playing and we had like 88 people. I think they said they will take up to 200 though (not positve about this).

I walked from Flamingo to Ceasar's and that only took 5 minutes so I would imagine IP to CP will take 10-15 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-24-2006, 04:50 PM

Its a "Total Rewards" card. It says on the back its good at all harrah's props. It has logos for bally's,Flamingo,Harrah's,Rio etc, etc on the back. I think its just a generic one they give you at any Harrah's prop.

They will make you on at the board if you give them your ID.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:52 PM

Ok, thanks.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Estimated time from a room at Imperial Palace to the Ceasars poker room, assuming I use the stairs in IP, not the elevators?

[/ QUOTE ]

11:45 is plenty early to regsiter and get a seat every time I've ever been there. Only sold out before noon once out of a couple dozen I've played, and they found another dealer and opened another table to accomodate the 9 of us who showed up between about 11:55 and 12:10. I got there at 11:55 and was like #2 on the waiting list that time. But don't be late and expect an immediate seat--you may get one, or you may be stuck on the alternate list for a while.

If you're a normal, healthy biped you can leave your IP room at 11:30 and you're 99.8% guaranteed golden. That is, if you already have a Harrah's Total Rewards card. If you ain't got that, get it prior or leave some extra time.

Dunno how early you can register. I recall someone asking once but don't recall the answer. Not the day prior, fersure.

The Caesars poker room is usually nearly dead prior to noon. I regularly get there at 11:50 and find one limit table going, or maybe one NL table, and sometimes none at all. So don't expect to be able to stay busy in the Caesars poker room if you arrive 2 hours early. Though Memorial Day Friday it probably will be a bit busier than normal so perhaps it won't be so dead.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The Caesars poker room is usually nearly dead prior to noon. I regularly get there at 11:50 and find one limit table going, or maybe one NL table, and sometimes none at all. So don't expect to be able to stay busy in the Caesars poker room if you arrive 2 hours early. Though Memorial Day Friday it probably will be a bit busier than normal so perhaps it won't be so dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damm...plus Harrahs offers such crappy BJ. If I arrive too early i'll probably do something stupid like blow a few hundred at craps.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:52 PM

Do you really need the card? I played in this tourney a couple times in February and never had one. As I don't plan on ever playing it again, I guess it doesn't matter; I'm just curious.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really need the card? I played in this tourney a couple times in February and never had one. As I don't plan on ever playing it again, I guess it doesn't matter; I'm just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I played they said it was required.