Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 08:37 PM

Default Forum For Sign-Ups

I am just starting out as an affiliate and I have been trying to think about ways to increase the number of people I can sign up and have been thinking of ways to help new players get better. I also have a website that I am starting and I am trying to figure out the direction I want to go with it. Does anyone have any opinions on an affiliate putting up a forum for his members so they can ask questions? It would not be a recplacement for sites like 2+2. Sometimes I think it is a good idea and sometimes I think that I could just point them to other resources on the Internet like 2+2. I am quite certain that if I was one of the online superstars that this would work. I haven't reached that status yet though.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Forum For Sign-Ups

It cant hurt to try a forum. www.phpbb.com is a free forum you can use on your site. Its easy to install and the worst thing you did was waste an hour of your time.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:57 AM

i did it a few months ago...takes a lot of work...check mine out, join, post help me out, and well keep in touch

highsocietypoker.net
Old 03-30-2006, 08:02 AM

i have to disagree... its time comsuming as hell...i used a even easier program then phpbb.com ,i actually couldnt figure it out.but i knew nothings about websites before, be prepared to devote a lot more time to your site...however kind of fun..
Old 03-30-2006, 01:34 PM

Easier than phpbb? It's very cheap to have a programmer install the phpbb forum for you and it usually takes them less than 10 minutes. Once installed, they are fairly easy to set-up using the admin control panel (adding/deleting forums etc).

Also, many web hosting companies now provide the phpbb forum installations for you. You usually just click a button and the forum is automatically installed. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I believe godaddy.com is a host who offers this option.

Best Regards,

Justin
Old 03-30-2006, 01:49 PM

There are so many poker forums out there. You obviously don't have any idea the direction you're going in yet, so you have to figure that out before you can even decide whether a forum is necessary for now.

Forget the forum currently; all it will be is a time-waster, and focus on your actual site, if you want to have a chance to be successful.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:34 PM

are u interested in being a sub affilliate most likley your percentages will go up what sites do u work with as an affiliate