Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 11-28-2007, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Mario Galaxy

Semi-spoiler for when you get 60 stars in white:

<font color="white">
I didn't think the game was going to be over after you get 60 stars and beat Bowser. All those little mini-planets leading up to the final fight in the center of the galaxy looked really difficult but for some reason I never died, so it might be deceiving (or I just got lucky).</font>

all in all, very very sweet game. In so many parts I was impressed by how inventive they were. It was pretty easy, but I don't think I'd want to go through something if it was like the final level in SMB 3 for NES though.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:55 AM

Default Re: Mario Galaxy: 97 on Metacritic

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But yeah, I have no doubt I could beat this game in a day. It's made even easier in co-op when P2 can paralyze most enemies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the fact it's likely even a decent gamer could beat the game in under a day is a big flaw for a game getting a 9.7 rating and being touted as the best platformer ever. I like the game and all, but I'm definitely let down by the difficulty level and FWIW I would rate Super Mario Sunshine higher than it.

I guess I should quit griping. It's basically impossible anyone would buy the game and be disappointed they did so, just that I doubt most people will be floored if they play videogames even infrequently.

One other thing I want to say is, has anyone acutally beat "Bouldergeist" when the Daredevil Comet is in orbit? That's the only part of the game I'm finding it insanely difficult, especially compared to the rest of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

here's a hint: you can shoot star bits at the boulders when he pulls them from the ground and holds them in front of his face and break them before he can through them. If you hit a black one, he'll drop the ghost right next to him, and it's pretty easy to get a quick hit in.