Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: possibly interesting

nh
Old 11-28-2007, 03:40 PM

If you folded the river, you played it perfectly. The harder question here is what to do if an A comes on the river with the same action. Also, if board pairs with a 3rd diamond then you would have a much closer situation.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now the timing tell on the river is sketchy, don't know if he doubts his 44 or QJ is good, if it's reversed tell or he's trying to figure out what to bet to get paid off, but I don't think him tanking for a long while will make it more likely to be a bluff. More likely it's a push from a made hand he think is marginal (but likely better than yours).

[/ QUOTE ]

see, I just couldnt put many marginal hands in his range that he would think that long about. 44, 55, QJ should be pretty much autoshoves on the river for the most part since my hand looks like a stubborn overpair... the only hand I thought he could actually tank on the river so hard and then value bet was 54s (thinking maybe I had QJ) and if he's shoving AJo, its pretty much a pure bluff at this point cause theres no way I'm calling with worse.

all in all I would just say I was confused by his delay cause I really had him on a set/QJ and was hoping to get paid off huge if I hit my flush. it just didnt add up and I called it off.

Results: $641.80 Pot ($3 Rake)
BB showed 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (Queen Jack high) and LOST (-$320.40 NET)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Queens) and WON $638.80 (+$318.40 NET)

after the hand villain said something like "lol, u win that 1 time in 50" and I guess that's pretty acurate since I think I'm usually toasted here.