Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 11-26-2007, 02:45 AM

Default Re: 3/6 tp reraised pot

This is basically a psychology question with regards to how you think he'll interpret your raise. The hand you actually do have is probably the last hand he expects you to have, as most people's flop raising range is polarized between monster made hands (AK+ on this board), draws, and airs. Since there are so few monsters on this board, and since you may choose to slowplay them often on a board this dry, if he's a thinking player he may often interpret your raise as FOS and shove a wide range.

In reality though I generally just assume most unknown 22/18's are sort of pussies, especially slightly deep, and while he should theoretically be shoving over your raise with a wide range, he'll mostly have the goods when he does.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:52 AM

if ur gonna play it this way which ps i think you're too deep for, just minraise... its much cheaper when you're fos.

as is, i don't like this line here bc i think he doesn't shove as a bluff very often this deep and he doesn't shove if we're good... if he just calls it's kind of nice but otherwise i'd rather just flat it. ppl always put you on floating anyway so what's the difference? you'll still value town TT. and anyways he's liable to 2barrel AQ and 78s on Khigh rainbow v v v often. maybe even 3 barrel. this board is so much better for flatting.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:24 AM

yeah good points duck. Ill go with flat as standard and raise as a variation to protect my fos small raises
Old 11-26-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he's liable to 2barrel AQ and 78s on Khigh rainbow v v v often. maybe even 3 barrel.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is most important point imo
Old 11-26-2007, 12:16 PM

i just call this all day.

raising and hoping he has 99-qq and will shove is FPS and huge spew. i cant imagine raise/calling ever being better than flatting the flop and playing poker from there.