Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: 1 Vicodin, 1 Xanax, 1 Massage Chair: Mini-TR, SFW pics + bonus of

I have the same kind of back problems. When it flairs up the pain/discomfort is unreal. One other thing I've found that helps a bit is the TigerBalm patches.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:48 PM

Howard,

I want to party with you!
Old 11-16-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: 1 Vicodin, 1 Xanax, 1 Massage Chair: Mini-TR, SFW pics + bonus offer.

grounching:

Xanax is one hell of a drug. Its withdraws can lead to death(one of the few drugs that do this). Also memory problems are rampant with extended use. Klonopin is in the same drug class but preserves the memory better because of the similar but different bindings to the GABA receptors in the brain. You should seriously consider a different course of action for insomnia. Trazodone worked well in my case without many side effects. Benedryl works well as long as I smoke a cig when I wake up. I would strongly consider talking to a doc for a different course of action to get past the insomnia.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:21 PM

"The real key is finding a DC that does "cox" manipulation, on a special table."

Sounds right up Howard's alley.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:29 PM

HB,

You're a disgusting degenerate.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HB,

You're a disgusting degenerate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I object to the 'disgusting' part. Other than that, how've you been? I haven't heard from you in a while. I hope you're doing well.

In the meantime here's a nice picture for you:

Old 11-16-2007, 05:06 PM

OP, sounds like poker is really f'ing you up. Get off the drugs, dude...
Old 11-16-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"The real key is finding a DC that does "cox" manipulation, on a special table."

Sounds right up Howard's alley.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...Ahh, I don't know what I was expecting.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Howard,

sciatica is rough man. I was around 15 years old, my dad had just been ambulanced to the ER for back surgery, finding out that he had been suffering from sciatica and it was only getting worse (he couldn't even stand at this point) Well, 3 years later, and 3 surgeries later, and his leg is still numb from the scar tissue.

To get back to my point, I was 15, and while standing in his hospital room, I felt some pain in my leg. I ignored it for a month, talked to my mom, talked to the pediatrition...6 months and maybe 5 doctors later the neurologist told me I had sciatica (along with a congenital stenosis in my spine) and my L5 disc or whatever was herniated.

I did about 5 months of physical therapy, three times a week, with absoulutely no improvement.

After so many nights of extreme pain (wtf, I was never offered vicodin) we went back to my normal doctor and he said "well...I know this chiropractor, I trust him like a father." I hesitate to mention this, because of how biased people are against chiropractors, but:

After the 3rd visit (I was going three times a week at this point) I had gotten some temporary relief. They can usually fix the spine in 6-12 weeks. Mine took much longer, I went to him for, well, maybe two years, improving slightly all the time.

I can say now that I am lying here, on my back, and not in the god damn fetal posistion that I had to sleep in for over a year (opens up the spinal canal giving room to the nerves) in no pain whatsover, and I hardly feel a twinge of anything, ever. I still go back to him once every few months (whenever I'm in NY) if only because he became a friend (also because he helps me with other stuff - some nerve problems in my hand, whatev)

So when I started going to him, my dad, the MD scoffed it off, chiropractic is a joke. Meanwhile, he's had 3 surgeries and still has numbness in his leg. He knows I'm cured, and still refuses to go to the chiropractor. I mentioned this to Dr. Jacobs (my chiropractor) and he said he had a woman that had had 3 surgeries and he fixed her scar tissue in a matter of months.

My point here is, don't rule out chiropractic, I cannot speak highly enough of it, if you find a good doctor. . That spine-strechy machine is very important. The real key is finding a DC that does "cox" manipulation, on a special table.

Anyways, sorry for the long/serious post, but chiropractic really helped me, I was at an 8-9 on the pain scale, going through high school like that was terrible, and Dr. Jacobs cured me. Again, I can't speak highly enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny, because I too came from an 'MD' family and was taught to distrust chiropractors. After many years of really bad, left-side-of-the-neck headaches, sacroilliac probs, sciatic pain, I finally tried one. All I can say is chiropractors ftw.

Not as fun as HB's pharmacopia, LDO, but more effective and cheaper!
Old 11-25-2007, 03:12 AM

Default Re: 1 Vicodin, 1 Xanax, 1 Massage Chair: Mini-TR, SFW pics + bonus offer.

My wife had the same kinda pains you had except 10x worse. They had her on something called narco and morphin which didnt do squat. I have known her along time, but I have never seen someone in so much pain. We finally found out why...3 hernated discs pressing on her siatic nerve. She coulded walk, roll over in bed, or anything. You know its bad when you have to help your wife position herself in the bed to take a dump in a bedpan - no joke, she couldnt do it herself. She tried the steroid shots - no good, then they cut her open and trimed the discs. All is good now a year later, but she still has some soreness from time to time. They told us it was rather common for woman who had just givin birth to get this..we had triplets, go figure [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Good luck, and I hope it goes away soon, because i cannot imagine your S/O holding a bed pan under your azz [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]