Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 08:27 AM

Default Re: 2/4 all streets would like comments....

Played pretty well, now check-call and snap off missed clubs.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To start, how does everyone view my flop play? Is there a better line or is thi 'standard' for all of you?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's standard for me but I also like leading sets/draws/two pair as well as weak TP.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:20 PM

Here's my thinking on the flop (after the fact ofcourse). My lead into 3 others will rarely win the pot for me right there. And if I don't hit my 3 outer (since another K won't really affect my situation all that much since I won't get any value from worse hands at that point) I will be forced to c/f most turns. Thus my flop bet seems a bit spewy, no? It just seems that my flop bet will more likely turn into a donation then anything else most of the time.

On the turn, I hit my miracle and have to bet. Seems like a fairly straightforward street given action.

On the river I have 2 clear options as far as I see things. First, I can b/f. With stack sizes, there is no way he is ever going to raise me with out having me crushed since he has what will look like 0 FE on his bluffs and up to this point I have shown nothing but strength. But he may have a weaker 2purr quite often here given board texture and I can easily see myself getting paid off often enough by worse hands.

Second option and more preferable is to c/c. Sure he can have KT,QT,JT,T9 some of the time, but more likely given the way the hand played out (that he never raised me on the flop/turn) a weaker 2purr or a club draw seems very likely. So by c/c'ng I induce a bet from a bluff whereas I miss that value by betting out myself.

Is my thinking flawed? Where do we differ?