Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Min 3bet with AK

Should I just be calling this 3bet min raise instead of 4 betting? I just hate when villain does this because it takes away my initiative and lets him have control of the pot. The main problem with 4betting a decent amount is that I end up putting in 1/3rd of my stack and since Im going to miss most of the time I end up in a [censored] spot. I'm honestly thinking that a 4bet minraise is the best line but I'd like to hear some other posters thoughts.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $2.05
BB: $13.10
UTG: $8.55
Hero (CO): $10.45
BTN: $18.60

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.70</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, BTN calls $1.80

Flop: ($5.15) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Old 11-12-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Min 3bet with AK

I would just smooth call his raise and see what hits. Let him THINK he has the advantage. You have to act first which is bad but what can ya do!

If you miss you are gone. If you hit you are sure to get a good amount of payback!

JMHO
Old 11-12-2007, 02:44 PM

i like the reraise.after you get a call and miss make a c-bet if you like to take it down right there,if not give it up.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:00 PM

If I am 4 betting AK pf, its for a shove almost always. It gets the maximum FE this way and if you get called by anything other than AA, its not terrible. Add in the times you crack that KK and you have a great image and its something I love to do.