Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 11-08-2007, 10:32 PM

Default XBox 360 Games - Regional Differences?

Like many Europe based gamers, I buy most of my games from sites such as Play.com. The standard price for a new release here is £39.99, and up until now, I've been happy paying this amount.

But can I get the same games for cheaper?

I recently stumbled across this site: Play-Asia.com, which seems to sell games for far cheaper prices.

For example, a new release which I'm almost certainly going to buy in the near future is CoD4:

£39.99 for my usual European version from Play.com

or

£28.35 for the US version, which apparently is region free, and will work on European 360s according to this .

Cheaper still is the Asian version, at £23.62 - it clearly states "Language: English", and according to the compatibility guide I linked to earlier, it will work on my European Xbox 360.

It seems that for the most basic shipping from the Asian site, it is £1.47 per game, and shipping takes 5-14 days. My regular site has free delivery, and takes 3-5 days for delivery.

Are there any good reasons for me not to buy either the US or Asian version? Please note also that I'm in no particular hurry - I have lots of games that I'm nowhere close to completing.

I'm probably coming across as a bit of a nit here. I'm not desperately trying to save money here, but I plan on buying quite a few games in the near future, and this way I can effectively get 6-7 games for the price of 4.

Any advice welcome, and apologies if this has been discussed already (did a search but couldn't find anything).
Old 11-08-2007, 10:56 PM

Default Re: XBox 360 Games - Regional Differences?

Seems like you should just buy your stuff off amazon or ebay. As long as they will ship to the UK with the current exchange rate you should save a ton.