Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Professional Poker player looking for Assistant

I am actually looking for something exactly like myself, and I think its quite reasonable and not at all douchey. I'm just very lazy, hate doing stupid menial tasks, and have more money than I need. So why not pay somebody who needs the money a pretty generous amount to help me out?
Old 10-30-2007, 06:13 PM

dont u have any broke friends? One of my roommates does all our cleaning, laundry, food runs, food shopping and such. Its simple and without us he'd starve to death, so it works out for everyone
Old 10-30-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My friend and I/

The pay would be on par with the service....../

I will not require your services every single week i will let you know in advance when your services will be needed./

i wont treat you like an employee just a friend who helps me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

The gender, age, appearance and tax conditions range from probably illegal to illegal, but my hunch is that OP knows it and doesn't care.

The market will tell OP whether his $$ range is right, and by the number and nature of responses, it looks like it is.

I think I understand what OP wants and how he wants it to work, so I quoted a few of the problematic passages to offer my unsolicited $0.02:

--I can see a fight over who our young lass is working for (you or your friend), particularly if either of you is an a-hole.

--I know you don't want this to be a hassle. Query whether it would make your life easier or harder to have to barter on a weekly basis with our little cupcake over exactly what she did and what how much it was worth.

--I see a potential here for you lending this girl money within 4 months. You need her to be sane, somewhat solvent and totally ok with the uncertainty of whether or not she will have $$ coming from you in a given week.

--As mentioned above, you open yourself up to a ton of potential liability as an employer/principal. She will be deemed your employee/agent for most purposes. I could list all the terrible things that could go wrong that you would be on the hook for; they are the kinds of things that never happen, but royally suck when they do.

**A poll with pics and summaries of the candidates would be the absolute stone cold mortal nuts.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:59 PM

Why my friend posted this on two plus two is beyond me. To all of you retards who are hating just to hate, go [censored] yourself. We are lazy and want someone to do all of our bitch work for us, their is nothing wrong with that. No one wants your opinion or even cares what you think, or at least no one relevant to this discussion. It wasn't even posted as is on craigslist...that was the rough draft. I obviously took out the part about being ugly, and changed a few things up. Kid Canepa is just an idiot and didnt post it correctly. I am dead serious about getting an assistant to do all the [censored] i hate doing like shopping, cleaning and cooking, it would make life so much easier. I think 500 bucks is more than fair for doing such minimal work. It's better to hire someone who isn't your friend cause then you wont feel bad ordering them around. CraigsList took down my post within 4 hours of the original posting, they told me it was inappropriate for the jobs section. So now i have to figure out a different way to get it up in the proper spot...if you have any ideas let me know. Once i have it back up i will post all the candidates myspaces and pictures that are sent in and all of you kids can have fun with it.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why my friend posted this on two plus two is beyond me. To all of you retards who are hating just to hate, go [censored] yourself. We are lazy and want someone to do all of our bitch work for us, their is nothing wrong with that. No one wants your opinion or even cares what you think, or at least no one relevant to this discussion. It wasn't even posted as is on craigslist...that was the rough draft. I obviously took out the part about being ugly, and changed a few things up. Kid Canepa is just an idiot and didnt post it correctly. I am dead serious about getting an assistant to do all the [censored] i hate doing like shopping, cleaning and cooking, it would make life so much easier. I think 500 bucks is more than fair for doing such minimal work. It's better to hire someone who isn't your friend cause then you wont feel bad ordering them around. CraigsList took down my post within 4 hours of the original posting, they told me it was inappropriate for the jobs section. So now i have to figure out a different way to get it up in the proper spot...if you have any ideas let me know. Once i have it back up i will post all the candidates myspaces and pictures that are sent in and all of you kids can have fun with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know a few girls in the area that may be interested in the job. please explain more about when they would need to be available or on call. thanks.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm wondering when someone is going to make a Brandi joke.

[/ QUOTE ] Here you go

[/ QUOTE ]

No love for this one? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny idea, poor execution.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:24 PM

Don't get so defensive. If you want someone "on call" then $500 is a rip. If you give someone a set schedule, such as come over every morning and make breakfast, clean for an hour, and spend mon and thur shopping for a couple of hours, then $500 is more than fair. But to call someone up out of the blue, have her stop [censored] her boyfriend so she can drive over and bring your lazy asses a couple of cheeseburgers, the price goes up.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:19 PM

I don't see your logic....Imagine working at Domino's as a delivery driver (something i used to do). You work the night shift from 7-11.... you sit in the Domino's and wait for people to call so you can deliver them food. On a good night you make like 10 deliveries and average 3 dollars per tip, plus you get minimum wage. Your making like 60 bucks a night making deliveries, cleaning, cooking and answering phones. Say you work 5 days a week thats 20 hours of work for like 300 bucks give or take. You work for me, you make 500 bucks working less than 20 hours doing the same type of stuff and basically have all the rest of your time to do whatever you want. Plus you don't have to wear those ridiculous blue shirts.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:32 PM

Last time I ordered Dominoes a hot young chick didn't deliver my food, and old foreign guy with a bum knee asked me to come down off the porch so he didn't have to walk up the steps.

That being said, this is more than enough to find what you're looking for in Chicago. I'd imagine the market is not that much different in San Diego.

Good luck, but there's some good advice on better ways to do this in this thread, you should read some of the comments.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:38 PM

Well, if the job is "you're going to be my bitch from 7-11 each night" then that's totally different. She will only be on call, cleaning, cooking, whatever during specific times. It did not sound like that from the original post.